yellow tips and it just sprouted

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stinkymcnugget, Mar 15, 2010.

1. well i have two plants and one has yellow leaves and the seed still hasn't came off but the other one is green and doing well.. they are both in the same closet. i am using cfls.. each plant has its own about 3 inches away at 100 watt and watered daily. like i said.. one is doing just fine but this one is turning yellow.. oh it is white widow.. and im using a miracle grow organic soil with perlite that i mix in.. the nutrients i use in the soil are from humboldt nutrients which are the grow and the honey mix.. im considering changing the soil to fox farm ocean forest.. which i do have a bag of but dont know if it would be a good idea to change this early.. i will be checking the ph in just a little bit.. going to hardware store to go get the soil tester.. but here is a pic.. any help would be great.. this is my first grow..

[​IMG]

2. well i flushed it and put it back under the lights.. my ph is sitting at 6.5 still.. hopefully i flushed everything out.. let me know if there is anything else i can do please

3. Are you feeding it nutes already? :eek:

If you are or if there are nutrients in the soil, then that's your problem. :) Seedlings do not require nutrients and will burn.

If you are unsure about the soil then I would transplant, just be very careful not to harm her root(s) or leaves.

Gluck. :)

4. i am now feeding just water to it after i flushed it.. would nitrogen help it come back or should i just keep watering it with normal water??

5. Don't feed it anything but water for a couple of weeks. :) You won't repair the damage already done, just keepa close eye on the new growth.:wave:

6. new growth looks better today.. i will just keep feeding it water then.. why cant seedlings have nutrients??

7. Because it turns their leaves yellow. :p

It 'burns' them, they can't handle it at such a young age. ;)

8. haha basically what happened to me.. but why is the other one growing so fast?? oh well.. i guess it is just nature that i will never understand.. same strain and planted same day watered the same, light the same.. hmm weird to me.. but i guess that is why this is my first grow.. to understand all these things..

thanks for you help freedom4ever

9. No problemo man. :)

Could be due to a number of things, you may still end up having problems with the one that appears fine...nature's freaky. :p