yellow spots dying plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by carsondavis, Sep 28, 2016.

1. #1 carsondavis, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    This is about my second grow, and I started out with two plants. It seemed one of them who looked about like this died, and the other had no problems at all. At first I thought it was spider mites so I sprayed them with berm oil but they only seem to have gotten worse. What's wrong with my plants and how can I help them?

For my growing medium I've been using Roots Organic 707. I water them about once a day, usually only when they start to get dry. I am currently using a cfl light and they are around 1-2 weeks old. I haven't been giving them nutrients because I figured that the soil would take care of it until about 4 weeks.

Attached Files:

2. That particular type of Roots soil is very hot to new seedlings. You should have buffered it on the top with a layer of something not so hot (hot means loaded with chemicals). What you're dealing with here is the soil burning your plants. Also, you never ever ever ever ever water a plant until the container feels dead dry. This most particularly includes while the plants are tiny and just rooting in. Until they get a good root system built and get back to growing and actually use the water in the container, they need nothing other than you leaving them alone and letting them do their thing. Also, the more light you can put over them the faster they will grow and the better the growth will be. Once they get rooted in, they need all the light you can give them (pH it to a range of 6.3 to 6.7 to keep your plants as healthy as possible and the roots open to accept food and water). Once they get stable and back to growing and become larger than the cup they are in (wider and taller than), it's time for a repot into a slightly large container. Again, the soil is loaded up with chemicals so you'll need to back off the nutes. Unless the plant starts to fade in color from the rich blue green color that is normal to a faded yellow green, your plant doesn't need nutes. Let it use up what is in the soil first before you give more and let the soil feed for you. Next time, use the Roots Organics Original instead of the 707. It's a better overall blend for indoor grows. TWW

• Like Like x 1