Yellow spots, brown dieing patches, curling dead tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Grumbledore, Aug 27, 2016.

1. I cant get a photo unfortunately- my phone wont connect to my pc - but work with me here.

The title sums up the symptoms. Its mainly effecting growth which is exposed to a lot of light though there is a few yellower leaves beneath the canopy. it generally starts with yellows spots on a leaf which often grow larger and into one another turning brown and dry, leaf tips curl up and look burnt almost. I would describe it to look like a P and K deficiency and its progressing to other leaves all the time.

The grow; Scrog, 4 Big Buddah Blue Cheese 6 weeks into flowering (7 weeks 12/12). 2x 400w HPS, Continuous drip system in clay pebbles, air stones fans etc. around 29C temp and 55% humidity. ph always around 5.5 to 6. Using Canna range of nutrients including boost and P and K for last week or so. EC in the reservoir is 2.0. They look good apart from slowed growth right and a good number of these manky leaves.

So what do you reckon the problem is? P and K toxicity maybe? Roots? Problem with pH that i'm missing? or something else?

2. Without a pic it's just a guess, but sounds like the classic symptoms of magnesium/calcium deficiency. If you'll do a little reading up on the plant in flower, you'll see that it's nutritional needs change and it needs more of some nutrients than others. I'm not a hydro grower, so that's about as deep into it as I can get, but I know that with my soil grow, I have to up my ppms during flower toward the end a bit to avoid any nutritional deficiencies. I normally feed at 1/4 strength they recommend because we grow in the best soil possible and anything more will singe my plants. But the last month or so of flower, I up the ppms and then stop for the last 2 weeks and give only plain pH'd water to sort of flush before harvest. Though, I've not stopped nutes and given them all the way up to harvest and never saw much of a difference. I think the only time the flushing comes into play is if you use a ton of nutes throughout the grow and the chemical taste lingers. Best of luck to you. TWW

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sounds like nute burn

• Like Like x 2
  4. Email pictures off of your phone, then download on computer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know i'm being impatient here but someone please give me some advice now there is a pic. whatever the problem is its getting worse by the day now affecting at least one leaf on every cola in my scrog. its not a pretty site, i dont think its doing my plants any good and i dont know how to fix it