Yellow Seedlings. Any Idea how to fix?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xoshua, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Hey all!
    I've got some seedlings but they've turned yellow on me. I've attached some pics at the bottom. Included the soil I'm using and a root product I used. I added 1/4 of 1 ml of the root product to the water bottle I used to mist the surface of the water.

I'm running with a 600 MH (I have an LED light I'd like to add too but I'm thinking of waiting to add it). This is my 3rd grow. I germinated the seeds, put them in party cups with some holes to breathe. I'm watering them once a day when the top of the soil gets dry - I mist the top of the soil, I don't drench it. I've made sure the pH of the water was 6/6.5. I have a light fan blowing in there and proper intake and exhaust. Anyways, here are the pics! Please let me know how to cure this. Also when should I add nutes and when should I add the 600 watt LED light. Thanks again guys!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Watering everyday is a no no for starters. IDK much about that soil, does it have nutrients in it? Is it "hit" like FFOF?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. ^ That's the problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If I don't water them everyday, the soil has big cracks from dryness, is that normal?

5. Yep. Fill an empty cup with soil and don't add any water. Lift the cups that have plants in them, when it's time to water they'll be the same weight as the one with dry soil in it. After a couple times doing that you'll know exactly how long you should wait between watering.

• Like Like x 3
  6. It helps to fill a cup with only dry soil in it. No plant. To have something to compare it to

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have some updates and another question. I think the issue was the light was way too high. It fried the seedlings it looks like. I had the ballast set as 120+% (super illuminated). I've got some pics. Let me know if it's salvageable and what I need to do to heal them. These were some rare seeds so I really didn't wan't to start germinating new ones.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Most people would start over. They are going to be severely stunted for a little while if they do survive.

If the genetics are that important you could try to save them. Good luck if you do try.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The seeds are the original afghan and purple haze. Are they still available? Also I may start over.

10. Start your seedlings under a 100w flurosent bulb. A 600w mh is way too much for those little guys. I would also bet they may be under watered cause that big of a light will dry out a solo cup in no time.

Attached Files:

11. You need to add nutrients with pro mix as it comes with zero, watering everyday on plants so young is a no no, light is too intense and too close, time for a fresh start those seedlings are goners.

12. It is true youve started their life with 3 missing toes and no left hand.

13. Your rooting agent is made to be used in hydroponics, it says it right there on the bottle. Your growing medium is soil. Stick them outside on a window sill that gets 4-6 hours of sun. Don't add nutes. And rip em out and start with fresh soil. Misting is fine, btw. I do it all the time with cuttings, so do professionals.

14. Also, you light isn't to high. It's too low. You don't have enough. See those seedlings reaching out for the sun with the long stems? Plenty of light for short times for seedlings.