Yellow pigmenting of leaves weeks into flowering? (W/ pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jman989, Aug 11, 2016.

1. So we are 5 weeks or so into flower with another 5 or so to go. A few weeks ago my partner and I noticed yellow pigmentation of the leaves that looks a lot like a CalMag deficiency to me. They are very concerning and I was wondering if anyone could help identify them?

Thanks so much here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yellowing in flower is normal. I wouldn't stress about it.

Your plants knows the end is near and will start pulling all the nutes it can to achieve flowers so it can reproduce and live on threw seeds... little does the plant know it will not be reproducing .... it will be dismembered, hung to dry, and burnt with fire for some one else's pleasure.

Nature is awesome

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thank you for your awesome response, we already had one plant hermie from what I think may have been heat stress and can't afford anymore big issues.

Is it normal for the leafs lowest on the plants to brown/yellow/die also? Thanks again so much!

4. As your plant matures and the buds mature, the plant stops sending any nutrition or effort to the leaves, so you'll almost have a shedding affect as you get closer to harvest. The strain we're growing will be sitting there with only a few leaves left on it and pretty much the buds have already defoliated themselves for the most part. But it's just because your plant is nearing the end of it's life and it's working on juicing up the buds instead of maintaining leaves. Always show pics of whole plant. Individual leaves don't help much. TWW

5. Post a pic of the whole plant.

Most of the time the bottom will have issues but nothing to worry about.... when the top/new growth of the plant is showing signs of problems then you have issues

6. Okay thank you guys so much, when I get home and the lights come on I'll take whole pictures of the whole plants and a few shots of the under folliage! :metal::thankyou:

7. Here are some shots of the entire plants, the dying lower foliage and a few developing bud shots, hope you guys can still see with the MH light on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Looks fine. I would trim all that lower shit, it's not going to grow into anything. It's just taking nutes

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you, could I trim or lollipop it this far into flower without damaging the plants?

10. [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the top folliage, my partner is concerned that the plant may die. =(

11. Tripple6 what should I be adding as far as blooming nutrients and how offer do I feed ?

12. A safe alternative is either molasses or epsom salts; no need for a flush period when you decide to harvest

• Like Like x 1
  13. I got this stuff called sea blast with a high p and also some bud candy

Attached Files:

14. Are these any good ?