Yellow Leaves on two week old plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by m78g66, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I have one plant that is about two and a half weeks old. It's actually growing a lot faster than my previous attempts. The only problem is that the leaves are yellowing. They have been slightly yellow since it sprouted, but it seems to be getting worse. I didn't fertilize until week 2 as per the fox farm soil feeding schedule. I am growing in Fox Farm Organic and using Grow Big and Microbe Brew. I thought it might be a nutrient deficiency, but after adding the nutes I have seen no improvement. I attached a pic, hopefully someone can give some advice. Oh and I'm growing with cfl's, quite a lot actually. I considered the fact that the lights could be burning the leaves but in my previous experience the leaves tend to turn brown not yellow when being burned. I also started LST about a day ago.

Also, does anyone know when I should start to flower?

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't be feeding it anything yet. What kind of soil is that? If starting in decent soil you shouldn't need to add any nutrients until the fourth set of leaves or after. I would just give it plain water for a while and see if you start getting normal growth.

You can start flowering at any time. Depends on your environment more than anything. Do you have the lights to handle a larger plant? Do you have enough vertical space to work with to grow out a larger plant? It's safe to assume your plant will probably double in size once or get close to it once you switch to flower

3. Alright, that is actually what I thought but the fox farm guide said otherwise. I am using FoxFarm Organic Potting Soil. How many more cfls would you recommend for flowering?

4. Yeah I know their feeding schedule says to start with Big Bloom and Grow Big basically from the day they sprout but in my experience it's not needed, especially if you have quality soil, which you do. I'd just give it plain water for a couple weeks. Let it develop a couple more sets of leaves. Then slowly start to introduce the nutes again at half of the recommended dosage. Work your way up to a normal dose but start slow.

As for the cfl's, that comes back to the question of how big of a plant do you want or how much of a yield do you expect. I've never flowered with only cfl bulbs, but I know there are threads on here where people have and produced some impressive nuggets. Just take a look around and search for cfl grows on here if you don't get any direct responses to that question

5. Also, not sure if you can see it in those previous pics, but in the newest leaf set one of them is deformed and one is very, very small. Not sure what this means...

Attached Files:

6. First full set of fan leaves is about when you can feed and top
    FFOF is hot for seedlings and clones so some yellowing is normal IMO only thing else I see is more light Ys and splitters for what you got

Sent from iPhone 5

7. What do you mean light y's? Like putting two CFL's in on socket? I think I'm gonna go to flower at the end of this week. That will mean I have veged for 3 weeks. How does that sound? Not sure on the height since I did LST.