Yellow leaf tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jrvan143, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Hey guys happy Easter I woke up this morning to my plats dropping and the tips yellow ph-6.0 ppm-300 temps are between 68-72 any suggestion on what may have caused this? I added cal mag this morning just incase it maybe a deficiency [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Are you growing in dwc? If so, 6.0 is too high a pH - should be more like 5.6. I would up your nute strength as well. Are the roots in the rez?

3. Yes roots are in the res this pic is from yesterday they have actually grown a lot but with the yellow leg tips you would still up the nutes? It will be 2 weeks on Tuesday [​IMG]

4. In my opinion it needs food. You're not going to get yellow tips and yellowing in general at 300ppm. Difficult to determine with the blurple lights. What water are you using? And lower your pH. Do you check the pH daily? How often do you change the rez?

5. I use RO water I check my ph everyday along with ppms and I change the Rez water once a week what would you suggest ppms should be at? And ok I will definitely lower it

6. I have never owned a ppm meter. What nutes are you using and what is the temperature of the water in the rez?

7. I'm sorry it's not RO water still trying to get the terms down I use tap water and let it sit out for 24 hrs I use flora duo A&B with hydro guard and the Rez water is bewtween 68-72 it was at 71 this morning

8. Your rez temp is perfect. Is the flora duo a+b made by GH? I would feed what the manufacturer recommends for the stage it's in - maybe a little less to be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes it's made by GH on the bottle it say 2 tbs per gallon for and 1 tbs for B per gallons I only use a quarter of what it says

10. I hope you mean tsp. and not tbs. Their feed chart calls for 5ml (1tsp.) of A and 2.5ml (1/2tsp.) of B for seedlings. Then it doubles for early vegetative.

11. Yes I meant tsp lol I use a syringe that goes up to 5ml but it's says on the bottle 2 tsp of A and 1 tsp of B per gallon so I've been doing a quart of that for now

12. So, 10ml of A and 5ml of B in tap water is only 300ppm's? Somethings wrong. What do you mean you've been doing a quart at a time? Oh I see, your mixing 1/4 strength nutes of the recommended strength for early vegetative. I would feed what the bottle says for seedlings, which is basically double what you've been feeding them. They are not getting enough food.

13. Ok thanks I'll trying it out and see what happens

14. It's gotten worse since this morning I'm hoping I will be able to fix this problem [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. The pic of the roots you showed didn't show a lot of roots in the rez, try pouring water from the top and keep it moist for awhile until there are more roots in the rez to see if it helps.

16. Ok thanks

17. Well I think it's definitely nute burn I reset everything and cleaned everything

18. #18 MickFoster, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    What leads you to believe it's nute burn? 300ppm including your tap water will not burn a 2 week old plant. You've been feeding less than 1/2 of what is called for seedling stage.

19. My ppm meter was off I bought a blue labs meter today and it was at 938 ppms my other meter was say 300 lol

20. I guess that explains your problem. Good luck.