Yellow curling leaves with browning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jmills710, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Noob sorta, So I'm on day 23 and my plant has struggled most of its life. Originally I germinated, then I planted in just soil in a bowl with no drainage around day 4. Around day 10 I replanted using root hormone powder in to the same magic dirt soil mixing in perlite and peat moss, about a tablespoon of bat guano. I bought a ph meter ph was around 7.0 and my water was high so I got ph down. I know shes stunted and may not make it just wondering exactly what she has. I bought some cal-mag and a humidifier. Shes being grown under 100 watt cfl.. I know I need more lighting but I'm on a budget for now and just wanted to see where this would go. Not as easy as just throwing a seed in a pot anymore lol any advice would be appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here some pictures.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Everything you just described sounds very harsh for a seedling... it has many problems right now but it might pull through.. if you wanna make some nice smoke you’ll need to save up a bit more.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very true thanks for your reply!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Also do your research because your soil looks not very good, your ph is high..

What do you feed it?

Does your soil come with an NPK?

Why are you giving it rooting hormones?

Your humidity is already high, don’t get a humidifier.

6. Ok, the soil is magic dirt from Walmart, attached is a pic of its contents, when I started the plant she was in a bowl without drainage, I noticed she didnt look good so I tried drilling 4 holes in the plastic bowl. I penetrated kinda of deep with my drill bit so i decided to replant into a cut out apple juice container so I can see when it gets root bound. That's why I used the rooting hormone. I have put some cinnamon around the top of the soil because I have these black little bugs everywhere in my plants soil. I'm attempting to let it dry out really good. I have miracle grow liqua feed and bat guano as my nutes but with all the problems I feel like I'm killing the plant by feeding it. I feel it has plenty of nutes in the soil and I'm and idiot for feeding them more. I dunno. I have a 2nd seed that's sprouting now also just in case lol

7. Cotelytons are dead, do I feed or let it eat all the nutes in the soil? Cal mag comes in today also.

Attached Files:

8. Also my ph was at 7 I gave it ph water of 5.8 and it was coming out 6.5. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the ph doesnt really budge. I had to really really flush her a few times to get the ph down to 6.5 and I wanted it around 6.3 but I felt I was drowning the plant. Does peat moss regulate ph? Thanks for all your help everyone.

9. I meant a humidity gauge not a humidifier hahaha sorry about that. My temp in my grow closet is about 78f.

10. Those all together have way too much nitrogen.

Its full on nute burn right there. People get mixed up on how much to feed the right amount of different elements. You need more nitrogen than phosphorous but thats too much plus the soil already has nutrients in it to feed the plant so its way over the limit.

I would honestly just start over with 50/50 peat-moss and vermiculite. And add bat guano every so often on the top and water it into the soil.. don’t feed too much. They will still get what they need to survive off of a little bit of nutrients.

I never go off of what a bottle says. I go off of PPM and you start very very low like 200-250 ppm and work your way up. However your way of growing you you don’t need to read ppm levels because your doing soil organic grow, which is out of my growing techniques. Just read the plants signs. It will tell you what it needs.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Cheers friend!

N

11. Everything you said is exactly what I was thinking but wasnt sure. I knew they had some nutes but didnt how much was in there. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I actually sprayed those leaves with some hot nutes lol so that's why she has the burnt tips. Plus the guano I added so your right she has plenty and I'm over doing it. I'm just gonna give her PhD water every 4 or 5 days. She just doesnt want to die. Every 6 hours theres new growth just usually was lime green and then the nute burn. I'll post a pic of today it wasnt her water day so shes droopy but I had to add the cal mag I'm pretty sure that's the brown spots. I will also use that knowledge towards my 2nd northern light seedling. Pic attached also. Thank you for your help.

12. Here they are

Attached Files:

13. Well it's been 2 days since she got a good ph flush with out nutes. I added cal mag, she is picking up the pace now. 25 days in and shes finally taking off. The bad pot choice without drainage,The transplanting, the nute burn all affected her progress I'm sure but she is exploding now, its like shes on steroids lol in your opinion how long should I wait until I start feeding her. I'm aware she has plenty of nutes but how will I know when she needs more to eat? I really want those dark green leaves maybe shell start greening up here soon. 15370339752954093559410845234554.jpg 15370340258581592682570403747266.jpg 15370340468481243763214750915619.jpg

14. Clear pot thing has to go, looks overwatered, and stuck in poor mediumget perlite, gotta go[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

15. The pot has to go or the plant in the pot? Lol shes been in that pot for only about a week or so she has perlite,soil, and peat moss, she was over watered because I got the cal mag and knew she needed it right away; even though she was just watered, letting it dry out for a few days. I'll Re-evaluate it then. Why would you assume it was stuck in a poor medium? Soil peat and perlite not enough?

16. [​IMG]see the difference gotta go[​IMG]perlite
    No clear containers

@ I love growing weed

17. I found a great spot to download FREE POT BOOKS. I downloaded a grow bible first and got lots more. Books look great and complete like the real ones I have here. No web site but just a page of links. Just right click on what you want and then "Save Link As" to download so they don't open first as some are 50+ megs. They got lots. Enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I will transplant into a bigger dark bucket soon. For now I dont want to stunt it anymore. Thank you for your feedback and picture. I will try to do better on my next grow. Thanks for the link too bro I'll check those books out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jmills710!! Wow dude!

Your plants are recovered! Your a hero!
    They look gorgeous brother!!

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 20180916_202300.jpg 20180916_202300.jpg 20180916_202250.jpg Hey nirvana42oO thanks for all your help, you really did confirm it for me and she was able to be saved. Today she is still exploding with new growth. There is still the brunt tips coming in but I feel that it will be fine, it's only been 2 days since I gave it cal mag so after about a week if it goes away I'm golden, either way tho shes growing. I'm going to just give her water for a bit and let her tell me when to feed. I will keep posting pics thru out the life of the plant, I'm sure I could use some more advice down the road. Lol Would be interested in Lst and cloning.. but for now she needs to grow! Cheers brotha!!

• Like Like x 1