yellow/burnt leaf tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Johnny Truant, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Alright, so this is would be my second time growing, first attempt didnt go to well, but i never posted and discussed problems with other growers to get help, just read books and what not.

Anyways, my plants are just over 2 months old, sitting in i believe 3 gallon pots. I am using soil (no fertilizers or nutrients added to it, clean stuff) during their veg state i used an all purpose plant food (10-15-10) and now that i have started to flower them (roughly 2 weeks ago) have started to use a flower bloom (8-16-8). I use this product once a week (monday) have the plants on a 12/12 cycle, keep the humidity roughly between 40% and 60%, i am using a 4 foot square x 5.5 feet tall tent. The light is roughly 30 - 40 cm from 3 of my plants, and possibly 20 cm from the other 2. I'm using a 400 HPS bulb right now because i heard it was best to use during flowering. my daytime for the plants is from 8pm - 8am.

I have bent 3 and left 2 standing for now, im planning on bending them in the future.

ANYWAYS

the tips on some of the smaller leaves and some bigger ones are starting to turn yellow, and im not sure why, i use my product once a week, and give them water every day (about half a cup each plant in the morning plus spray the tent down.

here are some images.

Now there is only one fan in this room at this time, so it stays roughly around 32 degrees in the room and drops to roughly 18/20 when the light is off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i'm having the same problem... i stoped watering as much and flushed the ferts i was using too much of... once a week seems a little much... but that's just what worked for me...

3. Im not really sure what to do at this point. Ive flushed them out, but the soil they are in right now seems really dry/almost a brown colour oppose to the almost black it normally is. To me it looks like the soil has gone bad (if thats possible) or the plants have used up all its nutrients, im not really sure what to do about it at this point, the plants are still growing good, although i havent givin any nutrients for about 2 and a half weeks, they are clearing up. but does anyone have any tips about soil? should i just change pots, and add some fresh soil to the top and bottom?

4. Check the ph, should be somewere around 6.8 but no more than that cas 6.8 is perfect for soil...It kind of looks like a zinc deficiency the way its spreading on the leafs. Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a Zinc deficiency...Keep us updated

5. what do i use to lower ph? mine is at 8... i havn't checked it in a while and it was at 7 last i checked... thanx for the help...

6. you might also think of the possability of salt build up from over feeding... just from what i read that could be it... idk good luck!

7. He has a point to...You can temporarily use an acid like vinegar, or lemon juice to lower pH, but it is not the best method. You will have to adjust it again soon, because it won't be stable. Phosphoric acid is more stable, and it provides phosphorus, the P in NPK, which the plant can use. Get to a hydro shop and get some PH down solutions...Phosphoric or Nitric Acid to lower pH and Potassium Silicate to raise the pH.

8. I think its slight fert burn. How much nutes per gallon of water do you add? My guess is your fert is chemical too as well?

9. well after i burnt my plant ( i did that by using miricle grow 18-8-5 cut in half the recomended indoor usage instructions 2 times a week apart) i switched to different organic soil and cut it in by three and only used it once since.... i have a thread going so you can see my progress from when i first got her... i just started 12/12 tonight! but i think i still over watered or need more potasium... and obviously i need to lower the ph level... i never in my life imagined growing a weed would be so much work... but i'm now obsessed :D i hope my input helps i've read alot about it here on gc...

10. i used lemon juice and it got it down to a Really light 7! thanx a ton! i will get some ph down soloution but until i can afford it i'll just hope life gives me lemons huh? haha

11. LOl yea u got that right, the PH up and down stuff shouldnt be too much money

12. #12 suthorlando, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
    I noticed the leaves are turning pale but the veins are still dark green. This could mean an iron deficiency, as an imbalance in pH will make iron insoluble. Just check your pH, try to keep it close to 6.5. If your pH is fine, try adding some iron.

It could also mean a Zinc deficiency (Although I don't think so because the leaves would be wrinkly between the veins). If this seems to be the problem, bury a galvanized nail in the soil near your plant, just don't hit your roots!