Yellow/Brown bottom leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Qui Gon Jinn, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Hello grasscity. I come to this great site in hopes of finding support for my one plant I am growing. It is bagseed so I am unsure of the strain. I have the light on all the time and it is a 26w 1700lumen cfl. I wired up a weak computer fan to give it some air. My problem started about a week ago with stunted growth, and the bottom leaves beginning to yellow/brown and eventually became very brittle. Now the other sets have begun drooping/ change to a light yellow green tint. I have cut back on the watering as I suspected I was drowning her. Here are some pictures and I hope I can receive any help at all as I don't want my baby to die! :(

Photo Album - Imgur

2. Have you checked your ph? Do you wait until the top inch or so of the soil is dry before watering? If your ph is outta wack it wont receive certain nutes, so that could be it.

3. I should be receiving my ph testing equipment soon. Once I get a reading I will come back and post it. Thanks for the reply Boguistity!

4. I think there's an over/under watering problem. Remember its easier to fix under watering, over watering drowns and causes root rot. Jam your finger in the dirt make sure the top inch, an inch being minimum, make sure its right dry. Keep us in the loop, good luck.

5. I just looked at the soil and after inspecting approximately an inch deep it seemed dry to me. How much would a healthy watering for an ice cream bucket sized grow like mine be?

6. I personally don't measure, I guess when I pour. Id say a gallon of ph balanced water, 15ml of Epson salt. So once if test your water, if the ph was already about 6.5 ish then they need nutrients. If your ph is way off then don't add Nutes yet or you'll make it worse. Ps. Dolomite lime is your friend and u shouldnt even start growing Untill u can test ph. But we forgive you. Try bottled water its ur best bet until u get a ph testing kit

7. Today I upgraded her light to a 42w 2800 lumen CFL and bought a back up just encase. I also fed her a large amount of water and it appears to have paid off, as her main stem seems to have grown taller over night. My pH tester should be arriving soon and I can get an accurate reading of that. I appreciate the help I've received to try and help understand my problem!

8. Use both 42w, happy to help