Yellow and white leaves are twisting, urgent!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Skiper, May 30, 2018.

1. I am growing in coco coir, classic nutrient layout from the grow weed easy forums: The General Hydroponics Flora trio (Bloom, Micro, Grow) + the Callmag additional nutrients with very simular composition to the Callimagic, 3x 25 W CFL bulbs, 10 plants in total, 18 hours light, 6 night, i water every time the first inch of the dirt feels dry, my nutrient schedule is this : https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/coco-coir-flora-series-schedule.pdf, all plants direct light, i use the hand rule (if the closest part feels hot to your hand, move further) and the temperature is 26 Celsium, and the humidity is around 40% whole time... The plants are about 3 weeks old, i have been noticing first symptoms like a week back. First yellow spots, etc... But already from the first days the plant started kind of "exercising" like moving their leaves a bit, but i didnt pay much attention to it, since they werent yellow. Yeah and the ph was mostly around 5-6, maybe like 2-3 waterings there was less or more... So i think this is either nutrient burn, or some deficite. I have been flushing the plants with plain Ph'd water since the syptoms got worse for like a week now.. Pleeease help! i dont want my plants to die. I am afraid to add any more nutrients, because it could kill them maybe... and already 3 of them are probably dead by now...
    If you want better photos, i can send them.

2. #2 ManInDirt, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    trying to do too much to them too early. PH is off, soil looks too acidic. I am not a fan of GH at all!

3. feed at 6.5 ph, do you know what your PPM is? Because you can feed at 6.5 but the PPM will be too much and burn them too.

4. I wouldn't start feeding them anything before day 10. I have used General Hydroponics for years and really enjoy the results of using them correctly. Your PH for Coco should be somewhere between 5 and 6 for good uptake. I think they are probably burnt to shit. Try using Just micro, Bloom and Calmag and leave out the Grow for a few weeks. I start at 1/4 strength and go from there. I have two super skunks that responded poorly two 1/2 strength feed at first, but now are doing fairly well.

5. What does acidic soil look like? It's just Coir and Perlite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Everyone throws around growweedeasy info I honestly think his feeding charts are off. Always seem weak to me

7. I liked GH nutes also, shitty owner but the nutes are still ok lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I just use the feeding charts on General hydroponics and 1/4 or 1/2 them. I refuse to fall into the burn category.:love-mj2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Me too I never go above 800ppm

10. #10 Dogma1102, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Off topic, You all use any Bloom boosters during Bloom? I've been looking at Bud candy due to all the reviews and Liquid kool bloom as well.

11. Liquid Koolbloom, ive been doing lots of research on mammoth p but havent jumped on the band wagon

12. if it's loaded with nutes and hes feeding "mostly around 5-6, maybe like 2-3 waterings there was less or more" and they are all yellowed out like that it's probably a low PH issue causing lockout. I dunno, those plants look toast to me, a few could pull through, but there are losses there.