Yellow and curling upward

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by deadbolt742, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hi not quite sure if its a problem, but just want to make sure since one of my seeds sprouted yellow and all the rest are a darker green. Also it seems that my leaves are curling upward and also I noticed that the ends of the leaf are sorta dark like blackish almost.

Growing in soil which says it has hypnum peat, forest products or compost, sand, perlite and aged pine bark. Don't know the pH and not using any ferts. Oh yeah also im using bottled water to water the plants but I am not watering to often since I really do not want to overwater the plants.

Curling upward
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Another one curling upward
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Yellow and not as dark for some reason
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If you can see the tips are almost blackish
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Leaves curling up generally means a Mg deficiency. Mg is locked out by ph that is off (you should get a ph tester) or by too much calcium.

It's kind of hard to tell at this stage though since they are so small and I wouldn't expect a deficiency to be hitting them yet.

Keep us updated.

o/
    Tieme

3. #3 deadbolt742, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
    Well im going to be ordering a ph tester online soon so hopefully it comes and I still have time before this becomes a problem.
    Also I forgot to mention on the yellowish plant the inside of the bigger leaves are turning a reddish brown.