Yeild on outdoor sativas.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by godz budz, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I have 5 female sativas outdoors. 4 are supposed to be gods bud but they're growing just going into flowering and they are 8 feet. They're in good dirt outside in Vancouver b.c. Together they have 100s of growing tips. Do you think they'll have a big yield even in van? They are very healthy. Thanks guys.

2. huge yield

3. real wet year along the Nor West Coast, so hopefully they make it. sounds like you're set to bring in big.

4. I grew gods bud last year out here In nor cal and I had a little bit of a mold problem with it it and our weather is really dry out here. A couple of rains and u might be in a little trouble. Something to watch for.

5. i think is pretty much impossible for them to die. theyre main stem is about as thick as a toilet paper roll. and ive been giving them all the right nutes from what ive heard. so i thought an ounce a plant at the start. what do you guys think? more? less? thanks for your advice everyone.

6. an ounce from 8 feet plants with a stem of a toilet paper?
    More like a pound.

7. This ^^ or more! Still have alot of time left!

8. this is them acouple weeks ago. im away from home right now so i cant get any pics but i while soon. what does everyone think?

Attached Files:

9. anyone? any critisism? pointers? notes? anything would be helpful. thanks

10. [quote name='"godz budz"']anyone? any critisism? pointers? notes? anything would be helpful. thanks[/quote]

They look a little crowded so that will reduce the potential yield a bit. Next year I would plant 2 plants in that area to allow them more room to spread their wings. I made the same mistake last year. I barely have the far enough apart this time. Other than that they look very healthy. I would expect nothing less than a QP per plant. Hopefully more.

11. they look more 50/50 the sat. dom. IMHO.

so yeah you got one hell of chance to a good harvest.

agree with MJmamma.. next year more space between your girls..

good job .

12. i know i was told these were indicas! i thought they would grow short. :( but what i have been doing, and tell me if im doing something wrong, but ive just been cutting off any branches not doing very well because they are blocked from the sun. and any leaves infront of bud sites. wont this make the plant put more effort into these branches? is that what you guys would of done?

13. oppinions?

14. [quote name='"godz budz"']i know i was told these were indicas! i thought they would grow short. :( but what i have been doing, and tell me if im doing something wrong, but ive just been cutting off any branches not doing very well because they are blocked from the sun. and any leaves infront of bud sites. wont this make the plant put more effort into these branches? is that what you guys would of done?[/quote]

If you were told they were indicas and they have fat leaves why are you calling them sativas? I'm confused. Just because of the height? Indica can get tall too, especially with lots of sun veg time.

Anyway, as far as trimming, cutting off lower spindly branches is a good thing. I wouldn't trim any healthy leaves though. My rule is I only remove a healthy leaf if I'm removing the branch it's attached to.

Cleaning up the bottom is good. Cleaning off dead leaves is good. But don't remove healthy leaves from the top half of the plants. Unless you're topping of course.

15. 1 i know is a sativa but it's shorter because I topped it. Ialso my gods bud seeds have far node spacing so that also made me think that. I germinated the seeds may 1st so idk if that is a lot of veg? And I've only been taking off the branches that are worthless with no light getting to them.

16. 1/2 pound total yield my guess..

17. haha this was just an experiment that turned into an obsession soo a half pound sounds good to me lool. allsoo is there anything i can do to increase the yield? besides giving them flowering ferts every week? ive heard molasses? thanks

18. Mj mama is correct in saying what to remove and keep.

19. i know i have been doing that. thanks mjmama. this guy here is the only one thats not gods bud. i topped it twice and now it is about 2-3 weeks into flowering. i cut down the other two on either side of it so now hopefully this one will yield more. also ive been tieing branches to the side to let more light in. here are some pictures of the big momma. enjoy

Attached Files: