Yeild from a grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AlvaroQJ, Jan 12, 2021.

1. HI guys

I am about to purchases a 0.8m x 0.8m x 1.8m grow tent combo, that comes with all the accessories to grow cannabis. My question is, how much cannabis can I realistically grow from this size tent? I intend on creating a small business out of it. Like a side hustle.

2. Lighting and growing experience will be the 2 biggest determining factors.

3. 1-2 oz per square foot of canopy. With ~30w per square foot of quality leds. It can be done in under 2' vertically from ceiling to floor. A tall tent could be split in half and double the output imo.

4. Better buy a ph meter and ppm/tds meter. And start staying up and reading everything on this forum before you kill your business.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The lighting that I will be using is a 600W MH and HPS grow light (for different stages of the plant). I have in the past grown cannabis in a simple vase that stayed in my varanda. I didn’t get crazy yields but I got sufficient to smoke and share with my friends. I read somewhere that, if all parameters are correct and you are disease free, you could get 1g per Watt. Is this true? In this grow tent that I just described, what size vase should I get and can I fit more than 2 plants?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I definitely will

7. yes. a gram per watt is possible under hps. You have a lot to learn before you will hit those numbers consistantly.

You could fit one plant or 10, it's up to how long you want to veg to fill out the tent, or up to local laws and plant numbers o_O

'vase' you mean plant container I guess. :) I would say about 10-15 liters per plant and grow 4 or 9 plants. Growing 9 might save you a few weeks of veg time instead of running 4 plants. Plan on 6-7 weeks before you will know sex. If they are feminized I still recommend waiting that long before you flower them. IME non-autos flowered before they are mature will stunt their growth and reduce yields considerably. A sign of maturity is when the nodes start growing non-symmetrically..usually around the 7th or 8th node at about 6 weeks old from seed.

You can save a considerable amount of time on your first harvest by starting with a few autos while you veg the non-autos and sex them. The autos will be ready to harvest right around the time you flip the non-autos into flowering, it works out well.

8. #8 organicrev, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    All grows are 100% organic and autoflowering cannabis (which is different from sativa or indica cannabis because it can produce buds or flower under 24 hours of light with no sleep).
    1st grow: bubblegumPRO+ auto feminized from seedsman, yielded 3 plants(had to take one out, no space) and about half a pound from harvest, the taste: meh. Because of my subpar soil: bigrootz
    CEE843C5-7364-472F-9450-C787F4E33833.jpeg 04EBFAB9-A6BE-4E8D-99E4-27F3972E0FE0.jpeg
    2nd grow: 4 assed monkey in the same soil only Amended with some noob ingredients lol, yield maybe two ounces
    B00356CB-DB02-49E8-ADD3-EC054102526C.jpeg
    3rd grow: 4 sour stomper plants yield maybe 3/4 of a pound. Smell and quality is unmatched and it’s all because of the no-till soil recipe which you can find in the organics section of these forums and also learning the proper environment for each phase of growth(look up VPD chart) from studying other growers and experience of-course. Each style of growing has its own challenges(like maintaining correct humidity, temperature, and light cycle) but i encourage you to find someone who posts pictures and recipes of what they do and if their plants look amazing follow EXACTLY what they do.
    9766079E-EC72-432D-B363-9781DAC172AE.jpeg 220FE89C-A7BF-4982-BAFA-FB9B4D318D9A.jpeg
    My most recent grow is my past soil from my sour stomper plants re-amended with Homemade fresh worm castings(most important), kelp, neem, crab meals, and malted barley powder among other ingredients. From my 2x2 and new 2x4 I expect to yield atleast a pound and a half this time. 81AAE769-1D3F-4115-8D85-8A536D6AD01C.jpeg 550A7140-28BF-47EB-8D97-8BABC1567BC2.jpeg

i use a 150w LED light and have yielded around 340 grams in my Sour stomper(see bud pic below) grow so you can definitely pull off 2G/Watt, something things to remember: really important to remember is during flower keep your humidity below 50-60% if you can and have a fan on the bottom and on top to ensure no mold growth, this affected my most recent grow when I did 4 plants in the 2x2. and if you want dank buds you gotta have a worldclass soil or nute program and decent environment. You’ll get better as you go and it’s hella fun to grow don’t be afraid to ask any and all question Man. Welcome

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you for all the reply. This information will definitely come in handy. I have a couple of questions:
    1) I still haven’t purchased my grow tent yet and primarily because I can’t make up my mind about the lighting. I knownI have said that ill use MH and HPS but I’m not entirely convince. Could I have your thoughts one this?
    2) I appreciate the VPD chart as it will help me make sure I have the correct parameters, I however live in the Southern Hemisphere and its super hot and humid here. Looking forward to the challenge I suppose.
    3) Please share your comment on the following pictures. I know this isn’t the great weed but these were my attempts..`My goal is to grow premium grade cannabis!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hell yeah man that last plant pic looked nice did you grow that one outdoors? Also look up 'training marijuana plants' and you'll find tutorials of how people manipulate their plants to get better yield while the plant is growing in the vegetative stage. you can to do this before it flowers so you get a big canopy of delicious buds.

If you're in a hot humid area i would use LED lights over those lights cause it generates less heat AND because they use less electricity which saves you money. check out mars-hydro or spider farmer or the cheaper option is a quantum LED board, all great and cheap LED options. you're also going to want to buy a dehumidifier if you can. spend a little bit of money on this cause the cheap ones suck.I know this because i have two of them running right now lol

Also this is the #1 most important thread for you to read/learn from No-Till Gardening: Revisited, and this one is #2 Automatics make good Organic sinse

I highly recommend you go full organic and if you have access to those ingredients in the #1 no-till link I can guarantee you you'll be growing the best and also healthiest weed you've ever seen.

11. Thanks. Ill keep it all posted here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes the last picture is outdoors. However I am growing it on my balcony which means it doesn’t get sufficient sun because it is mostly in the shade.

• Like Like x 1