Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Years of Buildup, time to clean up?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by xEmox, Apr 11, 2009.

1. So i have been smoking for roughly 8 years, and it is definatly a daily routine. However i find my self coughing up more and more tar as the years go by, the amount of tar/ resin in my lungs is building, and there is no doubt there, but is there any herbal medicine or perscription medication that will help my body remove tar/ resin any faster than it already is naturally?

2. well you need to look into a vap or a clean bong with some carbon. and if your smoking stoggies.. there is no need of this thread.....

3. Just cough a lot. It should totally work man.

4. get a vape or a nice bong. if you do, dont smoke stogies. and i would take a 2 week tbreak to help your lungs get a head start on healing.

5. #5 blinkguitar2, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    yeah dude, stop smoking bluts and joints for a bit and use a bong or buy a vape.
    and if you smoke cigs then your fucked no matter what you do lol.

edit: my roommate was coughing some shit up(he smokes cigs as well as lots of pot), he took some mucinex or whatever, and was coughing way way way more stuff up. no idea if this has anything to do with what you're saying lol.

6. if you find tar is starting to get to you.. well you are kinda screwed. its a little too late, nothing cleanses your lungs lol... cig smokers would be all over that shit.
    but you can start smoking smarter now to reduce further harm in the future.

7. Time cleanses your lungs. I've heard with cigarette smokers it takes about double the amount of years of you smoking to clean out the sisilia in your lungs. But that is with cigarette smoke, I bet marijuana smoke tar is alot different.

8. Exercising really helps. Get your heart rate up, maybe go for some long runs and try to smoke out of a vape from now on. If you do this, you could clear up your lungs in a couple of years.

9. Definitely stop smoking cigarettes if you're doing that. My lung have been getting worse and worse, but I love my Newports too much to do anything about it. Buying a vape will also help out a TON. You'll probably wind up saving money on weed too, which will eventually pay for the vaporizer and your improved lung health.

10. Ya i work out and everytime i go take a shower i hack up a bunch of snot and what not. But i def can tell a difference from not workin out and workin out. I feel alot more energized and cleaner. Oh i also smoke out of a bong i would say 85% of the time.

11. There is no magic pill that will clean your lungs, let alone anything herbal or "natural."

Your best bet is to swap your bong/blunt/cigs for a daily jog, 30 minutes or more. If you are persistent and you don't live in an area with bad pollution problems, you should see improvement in a few months. Cycling, rowing and swimming are also good options; the idea is to get your heart rate up and your lungs working hard.

Since we're doing a health re-work, get yourself checked for hypertension; it could complicate your new exercise regimen.

12. i heard about a dude who mixed amonia with bleach and the vapors cleaned out the tar in his lungs from his cig smoking. however i highly suggest you dont do this as it will probably kill you.

13. #13 SleepyShoegazer, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009

I highly doubt that story a great deal. You should never mix Ammonia and Bleach, ever. Exactly why should you not mix ammonia and bleach?

In a nutshell, the combination produces corrosive substances in your airways that cause your lungs to fill with fluid. You drown.

Household bleach is usually about 5% sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl).When mixed with ammonia (NH3), mono- and di-chloramines are formed: NH2Cl and NH2Cl2. These cause respiratory tract irritation, tearing, and nausea.

Worse, these compounds decompose in water to form ammonia gas (nasty in itself) and hypochlorous acid. This last in the presence of water forms hydrochloric acid and nascent (monoatomic) oxygen, which are highly reactive and can lead to pulmonary edema and pneumonia.

If the OP is a cig smoker, in that case, after many many many years of buildup (25+), if you inhaled those fumes the tar would technically burn off and leave your lungs pink and possibly healthier than they have been ever before. But if there isn't enough buildup, you're basically fucked if you directly inhaled it. So you wouldn't want to just ESTIMATE this sort of thing, and there's no clear way to know how much is built up.

14. Can i sense the presence of a future Darwin Award recipient????

15. listren i didnt say it was safe, it creates musturd gas, but the op wanted advice and thats the only ting i know of that might clean your lungs.

16. Let's weight the pro's and con's. It might create mustard gas and fill your lungs with fluid and drown you from the inside. Or it could clean your lungs? Uhm... :wave:
    I think you could find a better way, like what everybody else is saying: get a vaporizer or a bong.