Yea, another one.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by smoke da weed, Jun 3, 2009.

1. I got a reputation question, I have gone all the way to the 5th page on this section "general feedback" and am yet to find an answer to my question, so I thought I would just ask.

I have heard you need 500 posts to be able to effect peoples reputation, but if that's so then what do the light green bars on people's reputation bars above the avatars mean? Do you need 500 +reps in your favor to be able to effect other people's reputation?

I read the chart about red/blue/green etc. I have looked at the stickies, but this is just a thorn in my side that I would love to know about.

Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

2. You need 500 posts plus a certain length of time here before your rep affects others. That doesn't mean you can't give rep, it just means that it won't affect someone's points.

Light green bars are just additional bars (additional points).

3. Oh, thanks for the clarification.

4. Just keep posting good things and you will get rep. Aswell as be able to give it soon enough.

When i first joined i didnt even know what rep was untill i had a couple bars i think.

5. QFT

Rep means nothing, it's just something people see.
    You could be an extremely knowledgeable person and have zero rep, and there are plenty of people that give out great advice w/ very little rep bars...

Over time your will gain them.

6. Cool, thanks. I just kind of noticed them when my bar turned red, then it turned green again, and I got interested.

Thanks for all of the replies, how many posts and how long do I need to be here until I can effect people's reputation?

7. It says above you need 500+ posts. I am unsure of the length of time necessary to give out rep, I am interested to know this as well. It would be appreciated if someone could shed some light on this.

:smoking::smoking:

8. Any knowledge on what is required?