Yahoo! News says NORML "rigged" voting

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by floating_by, Mar 26, 2009.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090326/pl_politico/20526

:mad::mad::mad:

2. Becoming detected by the media, not "undetected by the media". If it was undetected, why would Yahoo! News be doing a story on it?

3. Rigged? no its called having alot of people that think prohibition is bullshit.

Yahoo news can derelict my balls.

4. I didnt see it say rigged anywhere in the article but they did act like norml spreading awareness of it is cheating. WTF is that about?!!

5. Is this how Obama is going to try to cover his ass?

6. "rigged" ? collective interest among a group of constituents is rigging ?

I guess that makes campaigning = rigging.

What a bunch of idiots. From Obama on down to the "news" coverage

7. I think "rigging" refers to when there was some sort of unfair advantage involved. NORML urging their readers to vote for what they support would not be called cheating in my opinion.

8. Bwahahahahahaha!!!! The funniest thing about this is.....if SOOOOO many people can be recruited to try post questions about legalizing marijuana, WHY CAN'T OTHER ORGANIZATIONS DO THE SAME!!!! I mean honestly, why didn't other organizations get their people together to post questions pertaining to abortion, immigration etc....this just goes to show how dedicated we are. It also goes to show that we want to do this the right way. :hello:

9. LOL! I feel like the cannabis community is a beehive and Obama unwittingly stood outside and hit our hive with a stick today. The net a "a-buzz" now. :D

10. Could not have said that better myself. Outstanding post! :)

Me too! :) Hive mind is what we've got. He can't penetrate.

11. I think Obama cheated in the election by using commercials to persuade us...

12. Wow great point. +rep

13. The article didn't mention a word about "rigging."

All it did was point out the activism of NORML.

Let's direct our outrage where it's needed.

14. Wow! That's bullshit.

NORML didn't rig it, that should should show legislators that the decrim of mj is on the forefront. MMJ could bring in more tax dollars than alcohol or tobacco without the deaths.

15. I dunno i'm more annoyed by how he doesn't see marijuana as a viable means to fix the economy, it would do a great deal towards fixing the economy. c'mon obama i'm a big supporter of yours you gotta legalize it!

16. At least it's getting news coverage. I know a lot people go to yahoo, so it's not like huffington post, where people who know the issues already are going to get their news.

17. Hmmm! I first heard about this on CNN morning where they mentioned that the marijuana questions were topping the votes. That's what brought me to place my votes and my own questions. Thanx CNN

18. Let's just hope he said no because he didn't have an actual substantive plan to discuss. He tends to dismiss or outright deny issues until he has at least a draft of what he wants to do.

Perhaps he's just being initially cautious about making any blanket statements. It's easier for politicians to say 'no' and move on until they're more versed and ready to discuss a certain issue.

Let's hope. The US can't ignore windfall profits sitting in front of their face as the economy continues slide....

19. hmm, i doubt its rigged, what i dont doubt is people understand that we shouldnt go to jail for smoking weed.