ya.. the trench to my mflb burned

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by zegela, May 4, 2012.

1. So I was already kind of stoned and failed to realize that I was keeping the battery in for too long! Over 40 sec I should say! Smoke formed and the bud turned black. Part of the screen/trench thing turned black! Any way.. what should I do to clean it?

2. do you have any pictures of how bad it is?

i'd try using iso alcohol + the heating method. i know there is a youtube video on how to clean it.

edit: here it is. good luck.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKp4ygqRvUE[/ame]

3. I have a scorch mark on my screen to. Made bowls tast like shit until all the crap vaped out. I'm thinking that I will dip the brush in some alcohol and clean my screen when I get home.

4. The best part about it is im pretty sure the one thing not covered by the life time warrenty is the screen

XD

5. yeah i have a small scorch mark its fine doesnt taste bad or anything idk maybe i just have a luckier burn that isn't as big as yours

6. Yeah I only just recently got my MFLB and already a couple of small scorch marks on the screen.. clearly something is wrong with my technique

Check out this link on Magic Flight site

http://www.magic-flight.com/cleaning.php

The bottom question covers such a scenario. I have also combusted in my MFLB. I don't know an owner who hasn't combusted at least once. I followed the instructions in the guide. Ran the cleaning brush in there dipped in ISO (holding it upside down to not get iso in the MFLB), let it dry, then popped the battery in with the top open for 1-2 minutes. After that, just use it a few times and the burnt taste should slowly move out of there depending on how bad the combustion was. 

I have discoloration due to that combustion incident that happened to me a couple of months ago. And according to Magic Flight, discoloration is normal for the screen, regardless if you've combusted or not.

8. Lol mines is scorched aswell, no big deal.
    Just don't go rubbing like mad trying to get it bsck to the way it was. Aint going to happen.all you will do is rub a hole in the screen lol

It does not make the expierence any less enjoyable.
    I have read a few reviews elsewhere, where magic flight have warranted damaged screens. In fact they clearly state they will change youre box, even if its youre own stupidity.

I think you would need to be reallly kicking the arse out of this warranty before magic flight told you to fuck off.
    Im sure they have came across a few chancers in thier time lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #10 ren.dnb, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014

Yeah be gentle with the screen when you're cleaning it. Like @[member="boydamien"] you can rub a hole into the screen. It hasn't happened to me but I've seen the results. Magic Flight will replace your box even if you damage it. What they try deter are people who intentionally break their boxes on purpose, for the sake of getting a replacement.

10. Dont know why people do that, it wasn't pleasant having to destroy my first ever box
    :(
    I have kept it though lol

Hey ren got youre grinder yet?

Not yet, I received the shipping confirmation last night so I don't expect it until next week around Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to use that grinder and look at its little tin it comes in haha.

12. Had a few 'combustion events' with my mflb lately..  Was quite funny, I combusted a trench while using my orbiter and thought that I'd better give it a deep clean. So ditched the trench load and got my iso out.  A few minutes later and my mflb was sparkly and sweet.  I ground up another trench and set fire to the fucker first hit!!    I though fuck it and just toked it through my orbiter anyway. It wasn't that bad due to the orb..  After that trench I deep cleaned it again, only to burn the next load!

I blame the orbiter. Since I got it I've been taking much bigger hits and my draw rate must have been a bit slow..  Need to get my technique down better :)

13. Thats the beauty of the PA it really cuts down on the chance of combusting.
    I haven't used the box without the orb since I got it lol

14. yeah, should really get a PA..

Yeah its all about that steady voltage. I think I might have to order one of those damn things soon lol.

16. Alibongo good lads and good service mate

17. They cheaper in the states?
    I paid £50 and £25 for my grinder

18. #19 ren.dnb, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014

I'm not sure what the conversion rate is. I'm sure I could google and check it but right now I'm acting extremely lazy lol (the worst part is I'm not even baked). The PA is $79.99 and the Grinder was $39.99. Looks like you were, if I could talk like you and Steams for a change.... looks like you were spot on ol chap! You got a bloody hell of a deal! Forget all those bloody wankers that over paid for their Magic Flight gear.

EDIT: Sorry haha! I couldn't resist.

19. I nearly spat my tea out at that and my Bowler hat fell off...:)