y does music suck so much

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Faz9, Aug 22, 2009.

1. im sittin here an listening to mf doom an im wondering how come rappers that actually have talent an skill dont get radio play, everything sucks now. its all so mainstream an everyones gettin record deals so y isnt their any talent on the radio or on tv. rock is pretty bad to, lyrically bands have been ok but the instrumentals SUCK . i miss bands like cream an santana an zeppelin and bands that could actually grab u with their instruments. but jus tell me wat u think an who ur listenin to that dosent suck

2. because only 14 yr old girls listen to the radio

3. I completly agree with you man. Just stick with the old stuff and don't even pay attention to todays music

4. Dude bands have always existed to make money. Shit hasnt ever changed. Besides, the radio sucks, just dont listen to it. Listen to what you want, not what people say is underground, or new......its all the same. There is plenty of good music today, you just have to search for it.

5. u better make up a dance if u tryna get radio play......

but yeah i have no problem listenin to good rap music. its also cuz i rele dotn listen to the radio except wen im at work, and i must say hot 97 has been playing A LOT better music

6. truth.

If you don't like music on the radio, then don't listen to it. It's that simple.

Edit: post 1,000 :)

7. This was jus on the radio

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GrsG44cn9c]YouTube - I got it- Gorilla Zoe[/ame]

you need XM yo, un edited raw rap and 'the joint' for when your REALLY blasted.

8. ya dude honestly it comes down to the watered down editied radio and only the sellouts are willing to dumb down their music for money...seriously only girls listen to the radio where there is rapping...i mean i NEVER listen to the radio...cuz i got my ipod

i think if swearing was allowed on the radio that the music industry would change drastically...so rappers who actually have some pride and say fuck you to the radio and say im not changing shit can finlly get on the radio...even for different music genres would see a change too...but especially rap...this song says it all:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6bl_fEsqU]YouTube - Tech N9ne - Industry Is Punks[/ame]

9. Zune/iPod + a few music podcast subscriptions = no need to listen to the radio ever again.

Or if you feel like spending money: Sirius XM

10. here lemme just put my 2 cents in cuz it rele bothers me.

as for rap, u have to understand, hip hop goes thru changes and fads and fazes. hip hop isnt gunna change for rappers, they have to change for it. so thats why u get all this singing and money cars hoes shit cuz thats whats selling right now. the target market for music sales is mainly teenage girls. and everyone knows teenage girls like they jonas brothers, hannah montana, and there thugged out black dude who is rapping bout fucking every girl in the world.

back in the 90s, gangster rap was wat sold. would u ever complain about that?
    would u complain kid n play didnt get the recognition nwa got? and u gotta remember nwa didnt even get played on the radio and went platinum. radio plays now a days are SO important. i can listen to hot 97, and after 1 hour, u can tell which artists r gunna sell, simply by the song content.

if rza put out liquid swords tomorrow it wouldnt even sell 100k records. it sold what 5 millie since it came out in 95?

think of it like that man. if somebody told u theyd give u 1 million dollars to do whatever they said, ud prolly do it as compared to if someone told u theyd give u 100,000 dollars but u got to keep your dignity lol.

hip hop has got so much better since like 07. think bout it. em's back, almost all of the wu tang is back, jayzs back, rakims comin back, cudi, wale, drake, bob and all he other freshman are rele a breath of fresh air too.

11. today mainstream music is purposefully directed toward suburb american teenagers whos parents give them all the money in the world and tey basically have everything they want handed to them. The main purpoose is to target these kids and make as much money as possible off of them by making the artists wear cool clothes and drive nice cars, so people look up to them and think theyre great, and then buy their albums and such. Mainstream is specifically geared towards total profits.

Real good music is still out there, you just have to search beyond mainstream media and look more into underground music and usually the band/rappers who arent making all the money and fame are actualy much more talented than anything playin on the radio today. Just look a little harder

12. people like to dance.

you cant dance to mf doom

its all about what sounds good in the club these days

13. IMO mainstream music is terrible in clubs too. Id rather hear electronic like dubstep and dnb in the club.

14. ya thats a bg reason why i never go to clubs...im very particular when it comes to music so if its a song i dont like im really not gonna have a good time...and think about how bad the song sucks...the only way i will go to a club is if im rollin my face off lol...and even then im still hard on music...plus i hate having to wear gay preppy clothes too...i would rather go to a bar and meet bitches there where i can listen to good music and wear what is comfortable for me

15. personally i think the tables have shifted.

image > talent :(

16. The media is meant to dumb us down and keep us complacent. And to sell products. Any music that wants to bring about change, or provides insight with it's lyrics is a big no-no for Mr. FCC. Of course kids will eat it up though. Everyone in high school is bumping that new Soulja boy, so why not fit in with em?

17. ahah ya im pretty much the same way. When ever a shitty song is playing all I can do is think of how much the song blows.

18. i dig wat all of u r sayin an how were kept in a "comfort zone" an trus me i kno good musics out there, i jus called up 107.9 in cleveland where i hear most of my music from the radio an requested that mos def song casa bey an to my suprise they actually played it. i think if u ask djs theyll play so y dont more people ask.

an ImWithWhatever put it good to hip hop does go through fazes an fads an better artist r startin to come out an do their thing, an the good artist r comin bac like jay-z, wu-tang, rakim, still waitn on dr dre an detox too haha

19. I stopped listening to music on the radio and television when I turned 13 and got my first iPod. It's probably the greatest gift I've ever gotten because it expanded my music tastes so much.

If I ever listen to the mainstream music around these days, I have to turn it off. I can't handle that garbage

20. Look up Witchcraft. their fantastic zep/sabbathesque modern band. As far as hip hop goes, the best hip hop in the world is being made today, 24/7. Obviously you are listening to it, so why do you care if it's on the radio?