Xbox LOUD ASS FAN

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by PeacefulStoner, Aug 17, 2011.

1. My fan in my 360 is noticeably loud. Its so loud it even distracts me when I'm watching movies.

Have i just been over looking it all this time or is there something wrong with it? Are your guy's Xbox fans loud?

2. I've got one of the new slims. Silent as can be.

Are you talking older models or new? My old arcade model was loud as hell

3. yeah ive still got the white one

its pretty loud...not as loud as my pc though...

BSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4. white one has shitty fan

slims are quiet with a hard drive

5. the old models have loud fans and loud disk drives.

6. Ya over time the fan gets noisier on the older models,

I had initially bought a intercooler for my 360 with 3 medium sized fans in it but it was so loud when you turned it on that i stopped using it

Now it seems like my xbox has almost gotten as loud as the intercooler made it without the intercooler.

Drives me nuts when i turn off my xbox and my controller is plugged in to charge and my 360 stays on and all the hear is a constant buzz for like an hour after i turned it off

7. Yeah I have the halo edition of the older model.
    Its pointless for me to buy the slim though because my internet for my xbox is hardwired so I don't need wifi, they didn't fix any bugs with the new one, and the slim shreds your discs if you move it the littlest bit

8. youre not the only one bruh..

still rockin my white xbox (og lol)

shyt is loud!!

nd its starting to freeze from time to time..

mite be time for an upgrade soon.

9. Hell yea. It sounds like a plane going off. Plus the disk drive makes it even worse.

10. mine was loud until it got the rrod lol.

11. Your system is probably dusty, so the fans are going to pick up to since there is a lot of heat being trapped in the console. It could also be from the discs spinning. Try saving your game to the hdd so it doesn't need to spin once it's started, that should lower the noise.

12. mine is loud but i have it wired to 12v so it spins faster and cools better.

13. Yeah when i had the white one (before rrod) It was loud as hell.

One thing, like one person suggested, if you have a hard drive install the games so that your console doesnt have to run the disc. Keeps it a bit quieter and cooler.

Slim xbox should have been the first xbox haha.

14. its loud because your gpu is getting really hot. it tells the fans to power at 100 percent, when in perfect circumstances they run at 50.

try installing new thermal paste before the solder cracks.