Xbox, A New Generation Revealed

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Homelander, May 21, 2013.

1. If your a big sports fan Xbox one hands down.

2. new games are still $60, though I wouldnt put it past them to bump it up to 70 with the next gen

3. Watch micro soft charge you $$ Just to turn on the Xbox lol $1 dollar for every time powered up .of course most Xbox players would be fine by this lol.

4. They are only expensive if you buy them.

If you have a modded console a retail game is the equivalent to 50 burned games.

5. I listened to most of it here and there and I agree there is some good points being made. I especially like his point about how if there was no used game market, it would supply more cash to developers which in turn would eventually put copies of the game that are new at lower price points in the future faster than if there was a used market. Makes sense, and in that scenario more profit is going to the developer than say gamestop who really doesn't do any work to sell those used games. I kind of want to know if any money even goes to the developer when gamestop sells a used game? All gamestop is really doing is flipping an item for cash with minimum labor on their part

6. Not only does gamestop do no work.  They make around 300% profit on any trade ins.

7. I read somewhere that third parties like gamestop will still sell used games, but what's going to happen is that every game will be tied to a serial key of some sort and when people sell games, companies like gamestop will have to access a database, which will be linked to microsoft, and re-register that key so that the publishers and whatnot will get a cut too. Hope that makes sense. Longest sentence ever!

8. As in gamestop will be paying for the games to be reactivated so they can be sold used and the consumer will get the product as if it was new? 

That sort of model seems to make sense. I don't know if microsoft is about that life right now. Making decisions that make sense and shit :smoke:

9. Yes, although it's speculation at this point.  Going to have to wait till it's confirmed but I could easily see that happening.  I imagine third party retailers will take a heavy loss over time, but it's good news for developers.  More money to put into creation of games I suppose.

10. Xbox will still dominate in sales no natter what happens the fan base is the biggest in any console period.

11. I dunno no one here thinks its a step down to the 360? and that always on always watching crap is unsettling. I don't wanna go to PS4 maybe build a PC for gaming... But I do love the xbox 360.. I'm so conflicted. 

Well yes, things tend to be less expensive when you steal them. But a modded console is also void of any warranty.

13. #94 ArnoldShortman, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013

If you are smart you can carefully remove the 'warranty' sticker before modding and reapply it latter.

You can also revert to the original DVD drive firmware before sending it off to MS.

Yeah i don't know about that.

Actually PS3 has them beat in sales as a direct result of the announcement. 

I think, i HOPE their console is an epic fail and if your buying one strictly for gaming and are gonna pay aroung $800 to do so your an absolute fool, PS4 has WAAAAYYYY better specs and the customer service is gonna be top notch compared to paying full price for a game and not being able to rent any, besides the first fee is just for the license of the game, theres rumors theres going to be another fee ontop of that just to buy a game. 

16. :rolleyes:

17. Please direct me to the source which states that the console will in fact be $800 or even around there.  Highly doubt it.  

"customer service is gonna be top notch compared to paying full price for a game"....what?
    "first fee is just for the license of the game, theres rumors theres going to be another fee ontop of that just to buy a game."....double what?

18. im ps4 all the way my point no Matter how much Xbox live will cost people will still be suckers an buy it .I bet they could charge a 100 bucks for month an most people would go that's really cheap lol.

19. #100 Doctor Strange, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft need a KILLER E3. Like, off the charts good. With videogames, all I really care about is the games.

I got a PS2 when I was 11 (thanks Mom! I still don't know how you afforded it) and I wanted it because of the games. I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, the new Resident Evil, the new Smackdown! games and Grand Theft Auto III. I bought a Xbox so I could play Knights of the Old Republic, I didn't sell it because I wanted to play Fable. I bought a PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Grand Theft Auto IV.

So far I haven't seen any games that I really, really want to play. PS4 at least has a new Killzone. The only games that have been announced that I'd consider buying is Quantum Break and even that's got some bullshit TV gimmick. Only reason I want to play that is because I trust Remedy to make a great story driven game. FIFA I can get on any system. New COD is lol worthy. Everything seems to be focussed on the casual gamer for MSoft. There aren't enough words in the English language for me to properly explain just how little I care about (and how little I want to use) Kinect. Or Netflix. Or Skype. Or American football. Or FIFA Ultimate Team. I can already use those things. I wouldn't buy a console for that shit.

Really the only things that could 'save' the Xbox One for me at this point are:

Knights of the Old Republic sequel. That isn't an MMO.
    Jade Empire 2
    A single player focussed Fable 4