Xbox, A New Generation Revealed

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Homelander, May 21, 2013.

1. .....bummer.

It is sad to see companies have to take it this route, and I would personally hate to see a console gaming scene exist in a world in which we are not buying copies of our games and being able to go home and open them up and smell those new game smells :(

2. so you guys ready for PC gaming?

don't buy this crap

3. Early nintendo then N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, then 360, now....??

I think I might take my talents back to playstation.

4. I'm buying a pc

5. Yep. Going back to being a sony fanboy. Fuck microsoft.

6. pc 4 me now. wanted a games console not a week pc gonna fork the big bucks out for a gaming rig stupid microsoft. been on live since xbox 1 (lol)

7. fuck an xbox....pc and ps4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
    <span><span>"TV, TV, TV, TV, Sports, Sports, Sports, TV, TV, TV, TV, Sports, Sports, Call of Duty, TV, TV, TV"</span></span>

thought gaming consoles were about games

8. Wit E3 comin' up that'z probably what they were savin' everythin' else for

9. Pissed alot of people off with the whole can't buy used games/always online shiet. I'll be one of those kids still using my 360 till the end of time. Did the same with my regular xbox when the 360 came out lol. (Star Wars Battlefront II anyone?)

10. YES. KOTOR is the shit, still play it to this day, fucking decade

11. Hahahaha "They called it xbox one because they took 359 steps back" greatest comment ever. 

12. One thing I'm really looking forward to is that you can record gameplay without the use of a capture card. That's awesome news for anyone with a youtube presence/hobby.

They didn't show much at all, so I'm going to wait a while to judge. At least until E3 in two weeks, we'll get a fuck load of information then.

13. I fucking lost it when they listed USB 3.0 as a key hardware feature.  You guys aren't the only ones pulling for PS4.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=SNE

I already dislike the casual gaming market but they really stepped it up this time. Shit is a 100% CIA/FBI approved social media machine. I mean it can read your fucking heartbeat. Not only that but you can finally watch cable on my TV which I could never do before... He went on about ESPN and fantasy football like everyone does that shit, casual pandering shit. The thing that really pushed me away from Xbox is the fact that I pay 100+ a year and they give you a bloated ad ridden interface. Hell, even the demo menu was filled with ads. Add in DRM, the fact that it cannot play without Kinect connected, all the other bullshit, and you have to wonder what they were thinking. Not being able to play without it connected to the internet for the day is a killer. As a tourny player, I can't imagine setting up a venue with this bunk system.

14. #54 goober0331, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
    It seems like Microsoft took the most important aspect of consoles - the massive interaction of the gaming community - and went in the complete opposite direction.

If the rumors are true about Xbox 1, with the used game fee, not being backwards compatible, one disc-per-console fees, "checkup" internet, etc etc, then Microsoft really messed up.

Turning the console into an interactive home entertainment system seems like a good idea, but when they sacrifice the gaming aspects, then its ruined.

But if Microsoft does something spectacular at E3 they might be able to save themselves. But its a big might.

Not to mention how terrible of a business decision this is. Apparently Sony's stock rose 10% after the Microsoft reveal. Lol!

15. shit didnt know you have to have the kinect connected, thats bs. might actually end up going with ps4 instead.

16. Did they even do anything special to it? Just looks like an ugly version of 360. Not worth a reveal, TAKE YOUR FUCKING TIME MICROSOFT.

17. I hope microsoft takes note of all the negativity and fixes this shit, I'd hate to lose all my xbox data just cuz they were dumb enough to put DRM, fees, and a spying device in it. I'm so disappointed in them, and I mean this how a parent says it, so they should feel like crap.

18. console gaming is dying, so microsoft is trying to turn the xbox into a home enterianmet system. Not that have a problem with that, im interested in the tech they will be putting out over the next 5 years, but this seems to be the perfect time for me to jump ship over to the pc.