Xbox 720

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by dom12, Jan 10, 2013.

1. #1 dom12, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but this is fucking DOPE. I'm guessing it's a projector you place behind you, and it actually scans the geometrical figures around the room so it can cater the effects better to you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w[/ame]

Apparently Microsoft research is developing this technology...

IllumiRoom - Microsoft Research

If this is on 720, can you just imagine how awesome for example Battlefield 4 would be? You can see tanks coming from over the hill on the right, while bullets whiz past you from the left off the TV screen but still in your vision because of this technology... Imagine playing this shit blazed?!

:smoking:

Edit: Why are these vids showing up as links... Gay...

2. Sounds sketchy.

The video wouldn't work but the article leaves me thinking the background on the wall would be too dull compared to the screen and I wouldn't really focus on anything in it.

And I love rhythm games so I can't help but think that this would cause a lot of audio/visual lag. It probably wouldn't be noticeable in most genres but the slightest offset can really fuck up rhythm gaming. I'd prefer to avoid all forms of projection and to just keep in on the screen.

3. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Sounds sketchy.

The video wouldn't work but the article leaves me thinking the background on the wall would be too dull compared to the screen and I wouldn't really focus on anything in it.

And I love rhythm games so I can't help but think that this would cause a lot of audio/visual lag. It probably wouldn't be noticeable in most genres but the slightest offset can really fuck up rhythm gaming. I'd prefer to avoid all forms of projection and to just keep in on the screen.[/quote]

You play rb3 on 360?

4. Yeah all the time man. I can't get online with it though =\… I refuse to download the patch because it would break all my custom songs. It would put my library from just under 2000 to around 500 song's

5. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Yeah all the time man. I can't get online with it though =\… I refuse to download the patch because it would break all my custom songs. It would put my library from just under 2000 to around 500 song's[/quote]

Ah sucks

6. Check the video out it's cool, fixed it now.

7. Eh. Wouldn't use it. I agree it needs to be kept on the screen.

The new ps3 news says its gonna be in insane resolution. Highest of any console out. Ill keep my eyes peeled for what Sony does next in console gaming

8. I've read that the PS4's components are nothing compared to the 720's. I gotta research that a bit more though.

9. Ugh. First it was shitty kinect now this. They want to evolve gaming from a handheld controller and I don't like it one bit. I think this new feature would just give me a headache if anything

10. But that literally means nothing if your forced to stair at your living room as a majority of your screen.

Kinnect = total failure imo

Sony move = not such a failure. Infact i own and use one.

But we are ALL talking out our asses until we have more solid info i guess

11. My Uncle knows the lead art designer at Rare studios. And she didn't disclose what but apparently there is something in the 720 that is really fucking awesome. Not revolutionary just an addition that no-one has thought of.

12. i hear the Xbox 720 will be released in 2014.
    But i agree games need to be kept in the screen.

13. #13 KillerKush, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Unmentionables; GO!

Infraction GO! - WW

14. You think thats dope... go check out what there saying about the kinect 2

def don't want one of those in my house...

15. Do not want.....

This is what triple monitor set ups on a PC are for.... this just looks lame.

I want better graphics on the screen, not lights all over my room. lol

16. Wow didn't see this much hate coming haha. I thought this was pretty cool I guess. I'll update OP whenever new info/specs are released though

17. I wish they would focus on advancing the tech behind visual processors and data storage. I want games that are rich in content not, OH MY GOD I CAN SEE IT ON THE WALL

18. This ^

Give us a game with a months play worth of rich solid content

Oh wait thats what pc gaming is for haha. But i agree they need to focus attention elsewhere

19. I'd rather just use a good ol' controller, anything that is like kinect is lame IMO.