www.marijuana-seeds.nl REVIEW - With Pictures!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Lion, May 16, 2009.

1. #401 pointswest, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Well that is not particularly accurate. Seedfinder is a good site but they are clearly not fake. Many awesome purchases myself not to mention literally hundreds of grow journals on GC from beans bought from M-S.nl
    May be they are getting mixed up with the non hyphenated version?

3. Just ordered myself some feminized White Widow.   :hello:

4. They got a new sale live at the moment, just got an email through about it. Looks like pretty good offers, 50% off certain strains. I like the look of their Lemon Skunk feminized seeds, i'm a gig fan of fruity strains. 

5. Just saw on the Facebook page for M-seeds that they're running a Photo Comp where you can win seeds. They did something similar last year. If you got good pics, get involved. Shame i haven't   :cry:

6. Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ordered the AMNESIA HAZE that www.marijuana-seeds.nl has. Just ordered yesterday night. Excited to try them out. Growing them out of my Cash Crop 2.7 Grow Box

7. Seeds have arrived with five free Afghan and three Auto Widow Cheese.  Very happy! :metal:  

8. just recieved my AMNESIA HAZE and my 5 FREE Afgan! let the process begin!!!

Did you set up a grow journal for these bad boys? Would be interested to see how they go! 

10. Ok so I've decided to order from MS.nl after looking at different comments. My remaining questions remain in the areas of potency and strain selections I'm looking for something very tasty as well as potent and mostly indica being that it will be indoors. I'm looking for some suggestions based on past experience for some different strains that will satisfy my wants. Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

11. Plants are doing well will post pictures soon

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. THC Bomb, Blueberry widow. Grown both from MS.nl and both were excellent

13. #413 az2000, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Just wanted to say I'm very pleased with marijuana-seeds.nl. I ordered on a Sunday 3 weeks ago. They shipped next day. I received them 7-8 days after shipping. Packaging was very stealthy. I paid for guaranteed stealth.

Of 15 seeds soaked in water[1], I got 100% germination. It's been 10 days after sprouts broke through soil. 4 are what I consider very strong. 6 are average. 3 are below-average growers. 2 are runts.

(This is only my second grow. On the one hand, I'm extremely happy with the 100% germination and amount of growth I'm getting in just 10-12 days of sprouting. On the other hand, I may have contributed to the runts by letting them get too hot under T5HO lights for 3-4 hours the first day or two after they broke ground.)

M-s.nl promptly answered all my emails. Shortly after ordering they lost their credit-card processor. I placed another order and tried to do a wire transfer (for double free seeds to offset the cost of a wire transfer). The transfer failed after 7-8 days, probably because I should have used the IBAN number for the account number. During that time I kept checking if they received it. They were always prompt answering my emails.

So, this second order hasn't been as smooth. I'm doing a new wire xfer now. But, overall they seem like good people.

I've read older reviews which criticized m-s.nl for mixing all "value pack" seeds together. But, mine were individually bagged and labeled.

Other reviews seem to criticize them for not disclosing the breeder. That might be a valid criticism. I'm too new to know. On the other hand: being new, these are a great source of viable seeds. As a newbie I was reluctant to spend a lot of money on seeds with a better pedigree. I didn't know how many I might kill as I figure out how to do this. So, this offers great peace of mind. Great way to learn without putting a lot of money at risk. If they finish and smoke well, I'll keep using them.

I definitely recommend them. They're working on a new credit-card processor. Also bitcoin. In the meantime, I'd recommend *international* money order. Wire transfers can be expensive (up to $50 fee at some banks. Mine is $25.). If you do the xfer, be sure to use the IBAN number as the account number (if you're transfering from outside the UK). If the xfer fails due to not using the IBAN number, you'll get your money back, but probably not the fee your bank charged you. Just stressful. I think money order is better.

[1] I shook my seeds for 1 minute in a matchbox lined with fine (220) grit sandpaper. Then soaked in 0.5% hydrogen peroxide water. That's 5 parts filtered (RO, not distilled) water mixed with 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide. I added 1/2 drop SuperThrive (1 drop in 2 ounces of water, discard 1 ounce, pour the remaining ounce in my 1 gallon of 1% hydrogen peroxide soak water). PH'ed to 6.5.

It's important to note that I added the SuperThrive to the 5 parts of filtered water and aireated for 12 hours. I added the 1 part h2o2 *after* airation, mixed by shaking the gallon jug, and then PHed this gallon to 6.5. I did *not* aireate the h2o2. I think aireation would deplete the unstable oxygen element which is important to get into the soak water. In fact, the only reason I airated the 5 parts of filtered water (before adding the h2o2) was to stablize the water's ph. I have noticed water exposed to air rises a full point in ph over a day or two (absorbs carbon from the air?). I wanted to get that process done so my ph 6.5 might be more stable.

All but one seed popped within 36 hours. I put them in soil as they showed no more than 1mm taproot. Put the final unpopped seed in soil and it sprouted within 12-18 hours like all the others. (I did not go to paper towel for anything.).

I also note that I had the shot glasses (soaking seeds) sitting on a thermostatically controlled heat mat set at 78 degrees. And, I used the gallon of germination water for the initial watering of my potting media. I covered the 18oz cups with sandwhich bags (to create a humidity dome) until the sprout broke through the soil and was more than 1/2" tall. When cups needed their first watering, I used filtered water mixed with Liquid Karma (2ml/gal) and PHed to 6.2. I sprayed this on the surface once or twice a day during the delicate seedling period.

My potting medium is 60% ProMix-HP, 20% perlite, 20% Kellogs Patio Plus Potting Mix. I added 1-1/3 Tbsp dolomite lime per gallon of potting medium. (I.e., 3 gallons of Promix, 1 gallon of perlite, 1 gallon of Kellogs and around 6.5 to 7 Tbsp dolomite. Mix it all together.).

I've been using something between GH Flora Series' nutrient guidelines and the so-called "useless" schedule. I began with this after the initial water (with Liquid Karma). Around day 4-5 after sprouting. I continue to add Liquid Karma to every watering (2ml/gal). I'm adjust water to ph 5.8-6.0. I plan to go up to 6.2-6.4 during flower.

This isn't intended to advocate my way as the "best" way. Just to disclose to any newbies what I did. It should be a reasonable starting point (based upon my results so far) This is only my second grow and I arrived at this after much reading. An educated *guess* which seemed to turn out well so far. (My first grow wasn't too bad.).

14. Thanks for the good detailed info....As for your germ technique it seems like a lot of un needed stuff bro all i do is just drop em in water till they crack and then in a warm moist/damp paper towel until the root starts to grow then into warm moist soil or I always use a root starter or rock wool cube and then into dirt or hydro. And no light is needed until the first fan leaves start to grow . Just my thoughts on your comments but if it ain't broke don't fix it type of thing.

Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

Yes. I just wanted to disclose what I did to get those results since some of my comments were about how m-s.nl has good attributes for newbies (less expensive, perhaps a tradeoff for undisclosed pedigree of seeds).

My first grow I soaked in distilled water, no additives. Then paper towell. Then soil (I use a mixture of 60% Pro-Mix HP, 20% perlite, 20% Kellog's Patio Plus Potting Mix). This time I did water soak (with additives, no longer than 36 hours), and straight to soil when tap root was visible (perhaps just 1mm) or whatever was left in the water after 36 hours. I also set the shot glasses (soaking glasses) on a thermostatically controlled heat map set at 78F.

I got much better results this time. But, the seeds came from different sources. Could be any of many variables.

All I can say is: I'm very, very pleased. I'm not so much arguing for my method. Just disclosing that my method with m-s.nl seeds worked. Newbies should feel safe with that as a starting point.

The h202 part is interesting. Air bubbles formed on the seeds causing them to float. I felt like this might be a good balance between soaking and supplying oxygen to avoid drowning. That additional unstable O element precipitated out of the water, attached to the seed and was available to the seed? (in addition to some of the seed's surface being exposed to ambient air when it floated?). In addition to the sterilizing capability of h2o2.

(FWIW: I read that Ed Rosenthal recommends a 6:1 mix of h20 to h202. I went with 5:1 just to have an even 0.5% hydrogen peroxide dilution.)

I'm sure I'll continue to try new things. As a newbie myself it always bugged me when someone would say "I got 16/16 germination..." but not say what they did to get it. I wanted to disclose what I did just so a future reader could repeat it. But, definitely, there's always a better way.

16. nice posts, detailed and even handed. Not knowing the breeder is one of the only issues that bugs some people but for me, many many orders in, the quality of the genetics are very solid.

I know it's not as convenient, but are there any reasons not to mail a *international* money order? I considered doing this before doing the wire transfer. I could get it at my local grocery store. Cost about $1 USD. I don't think the exchange rate is advantageous (WU makes a little from that). $4 for postage?

IMO, now is a great time to buy (from anyone). Increased mail volume might overload customs, causing a lower level of scrutiny?

18. #418 GreatLakeSmoke, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    I sent a message to NL mj seeds and they said they currently aren't processing cards but they are trying to have it fixed and hope to have it available in a weekSent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

Nice. They told me they're considering bitcoin too. I hope they do that. While the nature of bitcoin (an open source "currency") means it's not anonymous, there are techniques which make it much more private than a credit card.

For example,

1) Keep seperate "wallets" to isolate your music purchases from your seed purchases (reduced chance of activity being related together and identifying you).
    2) Buy "coin" locally through cash deposits at a bank. (You deposit $200 at a local bank branch. Account holder transfers $190 worth of coin to your BC account. The only thing anyone has is bank video of you in the bank. There are also people who will accept cash outside a bank. But, I think that might be riskier for the average bean sprouter.).
    3) Use a "mixer" service which transfers coins among different participants, obfuscating the path and heritage of coins. (You end up with coins from a grandmother in Mongolia.).

Because BC isn't anonymous, anyone can examine the log (blockchain) looking for patterns of usage. Techniques like #2 and #3 can identify you as a "person of interest." But, that can be mitigated through the use of an anonymous proxy (Tor). An article here.

For the average seed buyer, they probably don't need that level of privacy. But, it's a nice option. Steep learning curve, but that's because it offers more control (and complete privacy) than credit cards.

20. I placed another order which arrived today (Wed) in western US. I received notice it shipped last Thursday. Six days. I paid for guaranteed stealth. The packaging and "gift" inside were different. Very well hidden. For a moment I thought they forgot to include the seeds. Looked harder and found it.

I paid using wire transfer. We had some problems with this. The instructions they emailed me had the wrong account name. It said "Original Trading" when it should have been "Original Gifts." They deducted from my bill the $25 USD wire fee I incurred from the failed transfer. They always replied promptly to my emails. They shipped 2-3 days after I initiated the successful transfer.

I like these guys. They're easy to do business with. Responsive. Ship fast. Change up their shipping techniques. Hopefully they'll get their credit card processing back soon. The only two criticisms I can think of are:

1. The shipments seem to have a tracking number. But, I wasn't given a tracking number for either of my two orders.
    2. The small plastic bags are initialed with the seed names. But, they don't initial one bag. I think the reasoning is: they save time and you can use a process of elimination to deduce which seeds they should be. I think the time savings they obtain isn't worth the feeling of uncertainty, looking back at an order confirmation to figure out what it *should* be. If it were initialed, it would be what it says it is. Not a deduction about what it *should* be. (A small nit, but I don't see how saving 10 seconds writing on the bag is worth the feeling of guesswork on the part of the customer.).

Many US banks charge $40-$50 for wire transfers. I don't think the "double free seeds" makes that worthwhile. I think it's better to send a international money order. WU's fee to issue it is cheap (about $1). But, they gouge you on the currency conversion. Their exchange rates don't correspond to the official rates. For $100 USD you pay $5-$8 more than you would sending USD through wire transfer. But, you don't have the bank fee for the transfer.

BTW: The seeds I purchased a month ago (and posted earlier about) are growing very well.