WW Second Grow Problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dcolsen64, Sep 18, 2008.

1. #1 dcolsen64, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
    Hi Everyone,

First time posting, Let me first thank everyone that regularly posts on this site, the information and expertise that is shared and the genuine concern every seems to have with each other is a nice to be a part of.

I guess I was lucky with my first grow. Experiencing some potential problems not seen in my first grow. Have researched extensively and cannot tell if I am overwatering, underwatering or if I have a N deficiency. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

3 WW Clones, approximately 5 weeks into veg
    I usually water every 3-4 days when containers are "light"
    pH is at 6.4
    Vegging 24/0 250W MH about 8" from plants
    Temp steady 75F, Humidity 47%

WW1 pic is least effected, has added about 3-4 inches since last week.
    WW2 second plant, also growing well, but the lower leaves are yellowing
    WW3 third plant always been the runt, still growing, however, much slower. Entire plant beginning to yellow.
    WW2 2-5 Plant #2 close up of leaves and other side of entire plant.

In my last grow I used CFL's, went the MH and HPS route this time. Added additional 8"fan to cool ballast. Is it possible with the extra heat and ventilation that they are just getting too dry? In addition, I have not watered with any nutes yet. Could that also be the problem.

What type of time might be needed in order to correct? Was hoping to switch to 12/12 flowering after 6 weeks or so when plants reach 15 - 18 inches.

As always, thanks for any and all help.

Attached Files:

2. Yes it appears to me that you might be needing that first fertilizer Lack of N begins to show on the lower 1/2 of the plant first. Get yourself a good (2 part) NPK fertilizer that contains all of the necessary macro and micro elements as well. A simple foliar feeding (usually 1/4 strength of recomended root feeding)will offer immediate results, you will be able to visually see the green return to your leaves. 2 weeks is about all the longer one should go before begining there fertilzing program when growing in soil and thats if the soil was amended well prior to planting.Remember,feed them right s feed them lite.

Garden Clean:smoking:
    Thumber Green ​

3. Thumber,

Thanks ever so much for your kind help. I kind of thought that may be the problem. My first grow was from seeds. These clones were from my best plant. I was kind of worried fertilizing the clones in that I did not want to overwhelm them. Probably a typical mistake made by new growers. Either way, I appreciate once again your comments. I will keep you posted in the grow section.

Thanks again,

4. also, when using clones, if the mother plant was receiving nutes, you can be a little more aggressive with nutes on the clones. they're still fragile, but the leaf cellular structure is accustomed to receiving the extra nutes, and won't freak out as much if you overdo it. so general recommendation for seed would be to go easy on nutes for two weeks from germ. like nothing or very, very, very light. then build up over 2-3 weeks to 1/2 or full strength, your pref. For clones with nute tolerance, once they're strong rooted and transplanted, I would start at 1/4 strength and increase to 1/2 or full over the next 1-2 weeks. best of luck!!

5. Hey Bombs,

Great post, really makes sense about the clones already being somewhat adjusted to the nutes already. I have fed over the last week and there is a dramatic change. Additional growth, deep green once again. Thanks for the help. I will update the pics later on.