WTF!!! Sudden Death?!?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xxxLaharlxxx, Feb 13, 2012.

1. This is a Super Lemon Haze plant that sprouted on Fed 10th. Everything was going well. Had the of the same plants under 4 23w CFLs. Had them under 24 hours of light. Everything seemed well until this morning one plant just suddenly died. Now i went back to check on the other 2, and the healthies one is starting to slide to the side about to die... what is happening? I have one more and the stem is like dark purple... like its choking.

2. [​IMG]
    Last night everything was fine

Now...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. they look very dry

4. Looks like it was just fallen over and needs some water. Then what you pulled it out of the soil? I would of braced it up with a straw or tooth pic, water it and see from there. If it's not too late try it.

5. Purple on the stem can be ok, just normal in many cases. It can come from nitrogen deficiencies, pH problems, really a list of things that is indeterminable without all of the details.

6. I just ran and watered them both with some water with the PH testing out at 6.1. Will they survive? The soil was pretty dry at the top when i dog down to take a look at her roots. I dug a little deeper and planted her down and added water. The other one i just added water and put her behind my tv.

7. Its just this morning one was completely on her side with a dark purple stem. I have 2 other Super lemon haze plants growing and they never had purple stems... hope they are ok....

8. that seedling is stretchy as hell - how close are your lights? Also, can see a root sticking out it looks like, in your pic, keep those babies out of the light and cool! Hopefully they just need water.

But, a lot of stretchiness there regardless.

9. These plants are 3 days old and i kept the cfl like one inch away from them, they r still stretched?

10. #10 Dragonfly2921, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    Ok, judging by where your hand is in that picture - it doesn't have nearly enough soil depth to stand up straight - or at least you need to pile-up soil around her and/or transplant asap to cover up the root that is showing. Propping her up in those little cups will be only temporary and you might burn the roots.

That long white part of the "stem" looks more like the root to me and needs to be covered up - and it's just "stretched" because it needs deeper soil since you have kept the light close. Not sure how they grew out so rapidly like that!

11. The first one this morning was on its side so i assumed she was dead and it was too late. When i just checked on them and the healthiest one was having problems then when i took a pic and threw them up here. I suppose if they are doing better i will put them deeper into the soil. The root was showing in the picture because i dug it up to take a picture of her roots for the forum.

12. These plants are strong. Prop it up, make sure it has enough soil and water and you will be surprised.(beings that you take care of them, lol)

13. That would suck if you discovered SIDS for marijuana plants (why I checked this thread). :)

Yeah, more soil, prop her up if need be, do it asap, they'll be fine (they look perfectly healthy otherwise).

14. I suppose i let the soil get a little too dry. I havent done 24 hour lighting before and i guess the soil got dryer than normal faster. Hopefully this was the problem and thanks for the super fast reply guys...

15. what is SIDS?

16. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
    A.k.a. Dead Baby

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

17. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

18. O damn.. had no idea.... But is it safe to put them back under light now?

19. What size cfl? I use a few 23s on my seedlings at two inches, one is too close imho. What soil are you using (looks like bark, sorry). I'm a noob too but that soil looks like it has alot of large twigs, bark, etc.

20. It sure does have a lot of random shit in there.. but its fox farm ocean forest. After i watered them they literally bounced right back... that was scary as hell... i wrote a full update in my log...