WTF??? My buds are losing quality from curing?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Stroomz, Oct 9, 2008.

1. hey everyone im really confused here i harvested my plant about 2-3 weeks ago...let them dry for 6 days and then placed in jars...jars were opened every day for the first couple days and now im trying to not open untill every 2-3 days. BUT the thing is when i first harvested and dried the bud, it smelt very lemony and citris...and got me and my people blazzed....Now its starting to smell like Regs and two people said they didnt even get high last night.....those where just some of the buds i bagged up most are still curing. Its Bagseed strain i called Green Gum
    :confused::confused::confused::confused: ANY INPUT

2. Are the stems still dry, or can you bend them without cracking or snapping them? My guess is there was some moisture in there, or you have bud rot, or somethin..... Pics would help.
    Peace
    DM

3. Show us pics we cant really come to a conclusion without them.

4. that is crazy.. maybe someone switched your shit!

5. It sounds like two things: jarring when the bud was still too damp and tolerance.

6. i think its that the buds where still moist inside cause the stems did not fully break..do u think as it cures longer it will fix itself? and theres no point to pics the bud looks great you cant smell threw your screen can you;)

7. Sounds to me like improper curing. I duno about potency going down but smell could change.

8. yea that seems to be true..potency is the same..it has a very hard hitting head high which doesnt seem to last long..but doesnt slow me down and make me all lousy and worthless all day:D ill post pics tomorrow

9. I would let them dry out all the way, then let 'em cure for a while. imo

10. If they are still moist and not even a little bit crispy dry em out. Get'em out that jar! If it's smelling nasty you may have mold? Do you have a magnifier? 30X scope? Loupe? Check and see if there are fine white stringy things on it. If so it's gettin moldy.