WTF is this?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlexTripps1904, May 11, 2017.

1. I was checking out my seedlings and noticed a layer of film or something on the stalk so i looked closer and it is its like a skin or something like my plant is shedding? [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Lol, it's just your stem getting rid of it's baby skin and becoming more woody. Nothing to worry about and you'd be better off leaving it than ripping it off. Learned that the hard way ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aww shit i already ripped some off lol never grown from seed so ive never seen this

Sent from my LGMS330 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. No worries, bud. Your plant will recover but next time it'll just deal with it on its own :love-m3j:

5. i did the same thing a few weeks ago, doesnt look like my plant had any issues, but im still a noob so i could be blind

6. Not saying that it'll affect your plant negatively, just something that if you give it time it'll deal with it on its own naturally

7. I've never seen that before..I always grow from seed.
    Maybe that plants an alien...lol

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I grow from seed and it happens on every plant - I like to see it because it tells me that the plant is growing and maturing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #10 Trichuk41, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Which is cool..I can understand that.
    Just don't know why I haven't ever seen it..lol is it very light in weight? Maybe my fan blows it away before I get a chance to see it.

10. It doesn't come off unless you strip it off like the OP. Pay attention to the stem around a week old, it first appears that the stem is splitting, as the stem grows in girth it looks like a very thin flaky membrane. Like a snake shedding it's skin.

11. Ohhh, ok. Yeah I've seen that.
    It's like the plant is becoming the Hulk.

• Like Like x 1