Wtf Is This Plant In My Garden?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by the_tobzster, May 30, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I discovered this plant in my garden a couple of days ago as I recently moved to a bigger house, and I can't for the life of me work out what the hell this is. It was already here when I moved in and is located next to a large 'yew tree' in the garden. Obviously to begin with I thought it might be MJ, but there isn't any smell, doesn't appear to be any buds (but maybe it's just a young/male plant?), but still have no idea even after days of trawling through the internet on plants that 'look similar to cannabis'

I have taken some pictures for you to check out. One of the leaves (which bare a remarkably similar resemblance to MJ) and one of the whole plant(s).
    A cookie to anyone who can work it out! ;)

20130530_113114.jpg

20130530_113132.jpg

2. Doesn't really look like cannabis, but it might be hemp? Guessing, as I have never seen hemp growing wild.

3. I've seen these before, it's not hemp. I just tried looking through the internet to help but I couldn't find anything sorry. These are quite common I have seen them alot.

4. Looks like a vegging canna, lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thats not cannabis. sorry to burst your bubble lol

6. I know it isn't cannabis haha but still have absolutely NO IDEA what the hell it is. Can anyone tell me for sure that it isn't something like hemp?

7. Maybe the Texas Star Hibiscus?

8. Japanese maple cultivarSent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. My cookie?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Another species from the cannabacae family. Idk the name off the top of my head

I don't remember what it's called either, but it's not marijuana or hemp. I remember hearing about police that tore out a whole field of that stuff near some park and lake. Apparently they spent 2 1/2 days pulling it all out only to be told later that it's not marijuana.

12. Sorry, i don't get clear exactly what is it...?

13. Shit I've seen something like that before. Where do you live? Kinda looks tropical?

It's a fucking weed.

14. I have one of those in my park and its about 4ms tall ill take some pics

Where dem pics?

16. Cannabis ruderalis maybe?Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 corkybuchek, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    It looks like one of the Hellebore's to me. Common shade plant that has flowers right around now in the Northern hemisphere 

cookie for corky?

hahaha that's pretty funny