Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wtf is a glowrod?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ca_dro, Apr 17, 2009.

1. yo i just saw a vid of a dude smokin bud out of a bong and he was lighting it with wut looked like a long piece of glass, i guess its called a glowrod. i never heard of this shit before . ne info?

2. It's a glass rod you heat with a torch and use to light your herb.

3. i just searched it. hmm interesting i thought it was more like a chemical reaction or something. cool

4. maybe its like a soldering iron

5. Glow rods are another way to smoke without gas. Same concept and effectiveness as the ceramic tipped soldering irons. Illadelph sells quality ones that come with a glass stand so you dont burn your table. Some headshops also stock generic ones.

The main inconvenience, and why i prefer my hakko is that you need a blowtorch or stove to use glowrods.

6. I was wondering, where can I buy a hakko? Do you have a link to a store?

7. Easiest way I know of is to order it from frys.com . I recommend the dash model, best bang/buck.

I tried to find stores that stock them and failed... and i live in the heart of La.

8. It's basically a glass wand used to light bowls, I used to use one all the time until I got Beeline