WTF am I gonna do with my life.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jitros067, May 8, 2012.

1. I'm 19 years old, currently attending a community college in Glendale under a F-1 Visa. Anyways, I've changed my major like 3 times, I don't see the point in college at all. I'm a border line student with a 3.0 average, I can't seem to get myself to actually focus on work and put time and effort in raising my grades up. I don't see myself in the future with a desk job or anything like that, nor do I see myself going into any field provided by a college major. My current major is Game design, yet I don't see myself doing anything related to game design in the future.

So uh, WTF am I gonna do with my life? I'm completely lost, I highly doubt i'll be able to transfer anywhere due to my borderline GPA, and keep in mind that acceptance is a lot harder for out of state students, like myself.

2. Is there anything you actually want to do? It sounds like you have no interests

3. You should be able to transfer out of a community college with a 3.0 GPA so long as you did not completely fuck around and get awful marks in high school. Seems like you are not too interested in the academic route anyway though? Do what makes you happy brother :)

4. i broke down the other day and asked myself the same question. then i wondered if anyone knows what they are doing. then i decided there are people who are good at faking know what they are doing and the people who have come to terms with the fact they have no idea what they are doing.

5. I'm also an f-1 student, we get fucked in the ass.

I would suggest you study something with money behind it and make that your plan-b in the future.

Once you are done, do whatever the fuck you feel like and if you fail, use your degree to get a job.

6. Well I fucked around a lot in highschool, dropped out and got a GED instead.

Business was my first major with the idea that it's the major that's most directly affiliated with money, but goddamn... I fucking hated it, couldn't stand one bit nor could I understand it. So yeah, I mean, I do have interests such as gaming, football (not american football), music production and what not, but I just can't bring myself to put in any effort at all. And if I just drop out of college, I would have to go back home which is Cyprus, and I would have to do the army for 2 years, which is one of the reasons why I'm in college in the first place.

7. Haha this is weird cause i'm majoring in business, i like football, music production a lot (was considering a major). I'm on a student visa, if i fail i will also go to the army in egypt for 2 years. :laughing:

8. Haha, half egyptian brother right here;p

9. I was going to a community college in Glendale too! Idk if you meant Glendale, California or Glendale, Arizona. (those are the only two I know of) But I found massage therapy lol it's pretty bomb man! A lot of the placese you can work at don't drug test cause everyone tokes and it isn't bad money. It's really chill and most of the people whi you're massaing aren't assholes. I'm just doing it until I can find something that I could do later in life when I'm old as shit.

10. You live in Glendale? I'll tell you what to do.

Drive on over to my place n blaze and enjoy living in Cali..

Everybody Is to worried with the future. I have a solid job..

And for like 6 months had the internal war of what I wanted to do with life..

So I stopped asking. And just.. Went.. I. Am
    Just going with the flow and taking in life right now.

11. i have plenty of innovative art ideas and game ideas,

but the reality is, none of that can be perfected without a thousand dollar school..

aint got the money,

so my choice is the navy,

you know what, if i have to lower my own standards and do what i dont believe so i can grow the fuck up, so be it. it's not like i have to be in for the rest of my life. i need a start so thats what ive come up with for now.

12. same boat here really man. i've no fucking clue. just tryna follow what feels right.

also in to my music production. unfortunately i doubt much will come of that financially though (for myself).

13. If I could just drop out and find a decent job that pays the rent and whatnot, I would've done that prior to even attending college at the first place. Unfortunately I can't work in the states legally, and I can't drop out due to the army so I'm fucking stuck here getting borderline grades going nowhere and wasting my parents funds.

14. Hold fast to the Great Form within
    and let the world pass as it may
    Then the changes of life will not bring pain
    but contentment, joy, and well-being

Music and sweets are passing pleasures
    yet they cause people to stop
    How bland and insipid are the things of this world
    when one compares them with Tao!
    One tastes, but the sweetness turns bitter
    One sees, but the colors grow faint
    One hears, but the sound fades into silence

One may look for fulfillment in this world
    but his longings will never be exhausted
    The only thing he ever finds
    is that he himself is exhausted

:wave:

15. I don't think "just going with the flow" is the best idea, as I said, my whole life is dependent on whether or not I can transfer.

Just a vague question but, do you think an F1 visa student (considered as out of state) with a 3.0 GPA can get into a UC or cal state? My homie recently graduated from highschool and got into UC Irvine which is my number one school to transfer to, but prior to that, he applied to Santa cruz, santa barbara, usc, etc and they all declined him solely on the basis that he was out of state. So yeah, that got me worrying quite a bit.

16. I could rejected a lot too.

Focus on your bank statement ;) No matter what they say, they really care.

17. god IK! I wanna start college in sept but I have no idea what I wanna do,theres nothing that really pulls me in so I'm settling with nursing jus cuz I wanna work with children who have cancer..my dads had it 3x so atleast it means something to me reaching out to ppl who I can somewhat relate to..especially kids =\

18. Well at least you're set on what you wanna do. I think I'll just end up applying for US citizenship and join the military or something.