Wtf Am I Experiencing?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by travilanche, May 9, 2014.

1. So it started a couple days ago. I would wake up in the morning and my legs were extremely uncomfortable. It felt like they were asleep but then I would get up and it would go away. But today I woke up and it was extreme! I had what felt like pins and needles going from my feet to my thighs, and I could
    Not sit still. My legs were too uncomfortable! As the day went on it got worse and worse. Not only do my feet and legs feel like pins and needles but it spread to my dick, arms, and hands! The only way I can relieve the feeling is to exercise those body parts. I cannot keep still!

Now I have experienced this feeling before when overdosing on nicotine and diphenhydramine, but I am not taking those drugs currently. The condition is called akathesia when it is drug related, but I am taking no drugs that could cause this! Yet I have been feeling it all day. I marched in place for about 5 hours today to keep the symptoms down, but it didn't help. As soon as I stopped the horrible feeling came back!

Looking it up it seems like there are a few suspects. The first is cyatica, which is a pinched nerve which seems unlikely considering how this pain inhabits not only my legs but my arms as well.

Another option is fibromyalgia, which seems to be hereditary and I have an aunt who has it.

Last is restless leg syndrome, which seems the most likely. All my symptoms line up with it perfectly.

Has anyone had experience with these symptoms and know what it might be? I am going to the doctor as soon as I can and will take any prescription to make it stop...even if it is lyrics, because this is unacceptable! I cannot live like this! I literally cannot sit/still or the pain takes over my legs. I haven't slept more than 2 hours in the last 3 days!

For the time being I am going to drink until I can't feel feelings anymore...but I am scared the feeling will persist when I sober up.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. That sounds very odd hopefully your doctor can help you out.

3. I fuckin hope so too man. This is not sustainable! I am miserable!

4. No thoughts but fuck that. Get better asap cuz that sounds horrid.
    Hope the doc gives you something to make it stop.
    I have a neurological type of anxiety (most anxiety is mental) that makes me have benign tremors. It could be that, but my tremors are not nearly to the extent that you are saying.... I always feel like something is severely wrong when I try to stay still while having the tremors up

Sent from my sup bruh

5. That sounds similar to what I am experiencing. But I literally cannot lay still. I don't know what this is but it is a nightmare!

6. Read some stuff on google maybe, I am sure you already have.

I haven't found anything useful so far though, sleep with legs spread apart, lots of pillows between them.  <- I know sorry that likely wont help.  If it gets really bad maybe go to the emergency room, likely will get help quicker.  Or maybe goto your local pharmacy and buy some pain killers/ask their opinion on it.

7. I have tried everything I could think of...but the pins and needles won't stop! I could not sit still literally for about 14 hours today until I got enough alcohol in me to kill feelings. It has sort of worked but I still have cold electric sensations in my arms and legs.

Hope the doc can do something!

8. Have you been in the woods last couple months? Bit by any ticks? Lyme disease acts like fibromyalgia sometimes. I have what I call restless body syndrome. I rarely sit down when I'm trying to stay busy cuz staying still takes more out of me that moving around. It's like once I go down, I stay down. Terrible time trying to fall asleep sober, pins n needles all over my body, but majority is in my limbs. Do you remember getting a cold beforehand that just didn't seem to go away? Not only that, if fibromyalgia runs in the family, any number of factors can make it surface or get worse. It could be residual damage done by nicotine. If you switched your diet up, you might be lacking proper nutrients for your nerves. When I'm not feeling extra lazy, I like to make creme made with coconut oil and essential oils of basil and thyme, they're like a tonic/relaxant for your nervous system. I'm on mobile, but I can get you a recipe then, but in all honesty, the proper treatment from a doctor would probably be more effective.

Tick bite was my first thought, too, since it apparently the symptoms began fairly suddenly (which Lymes doesn't normally do but other types of infections can).

I would definitely see a doctor. In fact I would want to be referred to a neurologist if a GP fucks around with it like he doesn't know wtf. I know a woman who got bitten by a tick and with a couple days was experience symptoms that mimicked meningitis. Infectious symptoms depend on the infected region of the cns or pns. Of course, ticks bites aren't the only way our nervous systems can be infected.

There are hundreds of possibilities here, besides infections - even such seemingly innocuous (but not) ones as vitamin B12 deficiency.

10. i get some similar symptoms myself .... especially the cant be still.... but it will be my whole body....
    passing all around... tapping and pounding on everything a s i walk by.....

lay in bed and still cannot be still....

tho i know what my issues are related to.... and not so likely same as your issue....

i occasionally have nerve issues..... ok occasionally =most of the time.... linked a bit to my neurological issues...
    i got some fucked up epilepsy.... not even what most people think of when they hear the word....
    eventually had my right temporal lobe removed....
    the nerve shit is definitely more often since then... like almost constant....
    so obviously not the same problem you are having....

now i do have a friend who has MS(also a neurological issue)..... and he also describes very similar symptoms to what you have here and he didnt find out what it was till it progressed to the point he was having muscle spasms and it eventually paralyzed him until he got some serious treatment....
    MS is caused by minor lesions(sp?) on your brain.... detectable by MRI...

of coarse none of this is to scare you..... just saying there are some neurological issues which could bring similar symptoms to what you are dealing with.... you may want to take some of the advice here and not waste time getting checked out....

11. Take a break from smoking weed and educate yourself on what your body and mind does during sleep.

It's likely nothing serious.

Yeah, Lyme usually creeps up.. but he did say he experienced this mildly before. I am having one hell of a time getting treated cause GPs are usually a joke to me, coupled with no health insurance. I walk in there and within 10 minutes they say I am a hypochondriac. There are a few known co-infections that like to tag along with Lyme and act similarly to them, but my tin foil hatter theory is one of them (or something similar) is making it's rounds unnoticed.

I agree with him seeing a neurologist. The nervous system isn't something to dick around with.. even worse cause you feel your emotions throughout your nervous system in your body, not just your brain. When it gets attacked by anything, it can really mess with your emotions too.

You know what's fucked up? I've had this since I was a kid, but didn't know until a couple of years ago. I used to see doctors for being sick and in pain all the time and they never figured it out. Always came back as saying I had an unknown viral infection.. but I used to donate blood, a lot. I always liked to donate cause I'm O+, not as good as O-, but it was useful. When I found out though, I called the Red Cross cause it bothered me. They never told me my blood was no good, in fact they called me a good bit to keep donating. So I was telling the guy on the phone and he was getting pissy and defensive about it. It's kind of worrisome cause if I do have it and it is in my blood, and it got passed the Red Cross, one donation can go to several different people.. and if they're the type of person who feels like they need to give back when given, there's more people it could go to.. but at the same time, I don't know anyone who I've been in contact with getting it, and I've been around.

I was just thinking though, for the OP, when did you quit smoking? Nicotine binds to your nervous system and can be harmful, but at the same time, it's kind of like a relaxant for it. I know when I don't smoke, my nerves act up even more than normal.. yet I am technically hurting them by smoking. You may have been afflicted for awhile, just more numb to it when you smoked.. not that I suggest picking nicotine back up..

13. #13 Blix, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    Tell your doc to check your calcium levels.
    My mom ended up in the emergency room
    and being admitted to hospital with those
    very same symptoms.  It started rather
    innocuously, but it progressed rapidly.

So have your doc check your calcium
    levels.  Or better yet, go to the ER
    and say you're a bit scared and would
    they please do a workup on you.

Don't fuck around with your health,
    this is the only life you get.

Edit:  I don't mean to scare you,
    it might be something else;
    but please get it checked out as soon
    as feasible.

14. #14 snoopdog6502, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014

Diabetes can act like that.

Know it well!

15. Just thought I would update since I haven't been here this week. Last Sunday morning the pain got to be too much so I went to urgent care. They said they couldn't so the tests that I needed to have done, and my blood pressure was way high (like 190/100) so they told me to go to the emergency room, so I did. They did a blood test and cat scan and couldn't diagnose me there. But they did prescribe me metoprolol to help keep my bp down and gabapentin, which I guess is for fibromyalgia for my leg pain. Then they told me to make an appointment with a neurologist to find out what is really going on. So that is next on my list of things to do. I am very nervous, since my mom has MS, and my dads sister has fibromyalgia. But I gotta know what's going on. The medicine they prescribed me is working somewhat, which makes me even more nervous, becausecthat means it is actually fixing the problem it is intended to treat, which means I probably have that sort of problem.

At least I can sleep again.

16. Sounds like sciatica to me, maybe a herniated disc if your having back pain....

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Do you take stimulants or use nicotine?

18. How do you OD on nicotine? Like did you swallow a ton of nicotine gum or smoke too many cigarettes? Or did you swallow some chew

Good vibes

19. Are you diabetic? pins and needles in the legs makes me think neuropathy...