WTF am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JJa1024, Apr 12, 2020.

1. It's a weed for cryin' out loud!

Indoor grow.
    Lots of bag seed - wasted grow. Obviously didn't learn a fn thing. Even clones from dispensary look awful.

Just repotted this Sour Cheese (from a known bud). This morning, yellowing started on the 2nd layer, beginning at stem. Repotted 2 days ago to FFOF. Last slurry 6.0/148 - why I repotted, plus it was 4 weeks old in 6" pot. New growth was light green before repot. IMG_0028.JPG

I don't believe I'm overwatering as I wait a day or more when meter shows dry. Then I water to slight runoff.

Years ago (in my covert indoor grows) I planted bag seed in 2-ltr bottles, miracle grow, tap water, flourescents, and had better luck. Pretty bad when I can't even grow a weed.

Please help. Again.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry you're struggling. I have found this site to be worth any beginners time...
    Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis with Simple Tutorials

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nitrogen deficiency

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I thought a nitrogen deficiency only affected the lower leaves? This yellowing is slithering down from the top growth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1st mistake of growing is people think it's a weed and act like it's a weed. Weeds grow wild . Cannabis need love lol just like a baby needs to be fed n warm etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. U get what u put into it do some online research before it gets bad or read up before you start a crop. As stated it's not just a weed as I'm in my grow rooms working everyday .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agreed that indoor grows need tons of TLC. Was told I needed to LITFA and just let it grow, but then it gets worse. Like you, in my grow rooms every single day.

All the reading in the world hasn't improved my grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry to hear that but you will get it down. When I 1st started many years ago I was so frustrated I was going to give up. Till I was told don't give up now u will get it eventually. Sometimes the key to growing is Patience.

9. Try growing some other plants too. Like a tomato. I have found my gardening experience to be essential to my success, so far. I'm on my first cannabis grow and am glad I learned how to grow other plants, that feed me and cost less.

• Like Like x 2
  10. top so its an imobile means most likly a lock out ph should be about 6.5 hopefully these pics help. good luck happy growings.

Attached Files:

11. Yeah, I'm still working to cash in on that. My tomatoes after this mornings t-storm dropping 1.5" of rain:
    IMG_0029.JPG

I also have success with house plants:
    IMG_0034.JPG I use 1/3 - 1/2 doses of recommended Cal-Mag, FF Big Bloom, and FF Grow Big, yet I keep getting the same shitty results. Wanna get this down before trying again - which my spouse is pushing hard for me to do.

I don't see how it can be iron deficiency since it is new soil & lived in last pot less than a month.

STill looking for the Hannah feed chart. Keep getting distracted!

12. Thanks for the links!

13. Am I possibly not feeding ENOUGH? Plant is 5 weeks old, ready for switch but gotta take care of this first.

Last watering - 6.7 pH/ 513 ppm consisted of CalMag, Big Bloom, Grow Big.

14. tallllk to me. Medium, Nutes, ph, water source, pic of whole plant, age, clone?

it looks very odd. Not like a n or mg def...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. was that 6.7 with slurry/ runoff test cause if u ph ur water it may change when u run through soil. it can be caused from mineral build up not having a proper water runoff. id check these areas first and if all does check out maybey add some nuits or even specific treating nuit like propogaternfor potasium and phoso increase just an example of what i mean.

16. Hey maybe try from seed it was easier for me to learn from taking care of a seedling soon as it popped soil than jumping right in to clones and if u run into any problems u have time to correct them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. hey bud, I think your pH a touch high, should be riding near 6.4. I'm also curious as to what you are feeding; this looks like a sulfur def, maybe iron lockout, which can happen if you add too much 'pure' (chelated) Calcium/Magnesium products. I would start by adding a 1/4 tsp of epsom salts per gallon of solution fed, to increase sulfur. I would also make sure whatever calmag supplement I am adding also contains iron.

18. Green Crack (dispensary clone)
    Planted 3-1-2020
    Soil : FFOF - .3 - .45 - 05 in 2.5 gallon pot.
    Nutes: FF Big Bloom, FF Grow Big. Bloom City Cal-Mag
    Fluorescent lighting. 2-3" from canopy. 18/6 schedule
    Water - caught rainwater - pH'd.

IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0040.JPG

Sour Cheese from seed
    Planted 3-8-2020
    Soil : Sam's - .1 - .05 - .12 in 2.5 gallon pot.
    Nutes: FF Big Bloom, FF Grow Big. Bloom City Cal-Mag.
    LED lighting 190W, 30" above canopy. 18/6 schedule
    Water - caught rainwater - pH'd.

IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0043.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seeing the entire plants, I think imma call it a K def instead.
    That Bloomcity Calmag looks like a nice product with all the micros, so maybe increase that dosage a touch if you think its a micro def.
    Comparing FF GB and FF BB reveal a lower concentration of K compared to N; maybe consider trying out Megacrop with an N-P-K of 9-6-17, a much higher K value. I believe they will mail you a free sample if you email them (you need to pay shipping though).