Writing a research paper, need books/studies.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by DarthDDog, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Hi, I am writing a research paper about marijuana policy. Could you guys suggest some good books and studies on marijuana policy?

2. Dude I wrote several papers throughout college/law school on medical marijuana, employment discrimination and marijuana, the legal ramifications of marijuana on college campuses, etc.

In the process of researching these papers I have found thousand of resources. If you provide a more specific thesis I will provide you will resources that will be especially tailored to your paper...

Also, I found Google Scholar to be a useful free resource tool for scholarly articles (if you don't have a lexis or other scholarly journal account available to you).

This is my most general resource that I provide to people in your situation as it is fairly unbiased and fairly comprehensive:

http://www.beckleyfoundation.org/pdf/BF_Cannabis_Commission_Report.pdf

It is from the Beckley Foundation and was prepared in for a hearing at the UN on cannabis.
    (Fair Warning: 200+ pg PDF)

3. watch the union

4. Thank you everyone. And ss3ltl my thesis is that marijuana should be legalized. My planned focus was on the cost of prohibition in terms of law enforcement, organized crime, incarceration, etc. Anything about taxation of marijuana as a source of revenue would also be good.

5. Yo every weekday there's a live show with the latest news in marijuana

REALLY worth checking out- totally free podcast. i think the latest episode was 1-2 days ago.
    they're very current with news so you might learn some gems of info for your paper:

The NORML Stash Blog

6. Thanks again!

7. High Society: The Central Role of Mind-Altering Substances in history, science, and culture

The Pot Book- not sure of the catchy words but something like history, politics, and medicine.. -- This book is compiled by Julie Holand and is a very very informative piece of literature. Michael Pollan (the Botany of Desire) and Tommy Chong, plus numerous phds and mds made this compilation and is a must read for anyone interested in cannabis beyond the fact of "getting high"

two great reads that can be found at Barnes and Noble

8. The emperor wears no clothes by jack herer. ( highly recommended and you can access it online)
    Marihuana the forbidden medicine by Lester grinspoon. This book is mostly people that send in their stories of marijuana helping them with various diseases but also has some good facts.

I haven't read it but marihuana reconsidered by Lester grinspoon but it should be just what you need.