writing a book

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by joshvarnell, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Has anyone else ever thought about writing a book

2. It's on my bucket list.
    When I was young, I thought it would be something I could make a career of. But I was foolish. I'd never experienced writer's block... *sigh*
    I'd like to write a book someday, possibly memoir, and perhaps a collection of poetry. That's if I ever find my muse.

3. I have an enormous imagination
    I think I could write one

I started a stoners log like a year ago were I recorded all my stoner adventures and then one night while I was out drinking in the woods it started raining and the book was ruined

4. That's a shame.
    Imagination is only part of it, though. You've got to have the technical aspects of writing down, too, or hire a ghost writer.

5. Oh I'm pretty sure I could do it I was in all honors English classes in high school and I also was in creative writing I've always been good at writting short story's like 5 or 6 pages but I've never tried a full book

6. Well, if you want to do it, do some research.
    I think a lot of people underestimate what goes into writing a book. But if it's something you want to do, make it happen.

I love writing. I was an English major in college, minored in creative writing. Unfortunately, college took my imagination away. It gave me all these great tools but just killed my creativity. That, graduating college and entering the real world, having real responsibilities and worries became too distracting.
    It really is awful, and I hope not permanent.

7. That sucks man I hope your Muse comes back

8. I've written one and am working on a second. I have a hard time getting past the perfectionist mentality and keep editing it over and over without trying to publish. :( It's about 430 pages long.

9. [quote name='"Dr Limestone"']I've written one and am working on a second. I have a hard time getting past the perfectionist mentality and keep editing it over and over without trying to publish. :( It's about 430 pages long.[/quote]

Really is it published yet because I would love to read a book written by one of my fellow grasscity companions.

10. I've been writing one on and off for the past couple of years, I don't know if it's any good or not and I have no aims to try and get it published or anything like that, it's just quite a lot of fun working on it every once in a while. It's a bit under 100 pages at the moment.

11. I haven't sent it to any publishers. I'm going through an edit now but I'm in grad school so time is limited. Working on it!!

12. [quote name='"Dr Limestone"']

I haven't sent it to any publishers. I'm going through an edit now but I'm in grad school so time is limited. Working on it!![/quote]

Alleight man let me know when you do that because I'm trying to read it

13. I'm in the process of writing one. It's fiction that's basically reads like a few short stories loosely strung together.