Wow wtf flowering??????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clflatt, Jul 9, 2012.

1. What should I do? I have 9 auto going about 3 weeks old on a 20/4 light cycle. I have a GHS Pure Kush thats 6 weeks old, thought it was a photo.

Problem is today after they woke up I went to water and shit its flowering, theirs pistoles and little bud sites every where.

First wtf I thought I needed a 12/12 cycle for flowering.
    Second can I just leave it 20/4 and still flower??? I dont want to lose my Think Different and Critical jack autos.

If I turn my lights to a 12/12 that will mess up my autos wont it??? The Kush is a huge plant I hate to waste it but only 1 tent. I planed just to veg the kush untill the auto were chopped. What can I do?????HELP good people

2. What size container is the 6 week old kush plant in and before the autos made their way into the grow room was it being vegged alone? I'm asking because if it is in a small container and was vegged alone for some time with a decent lighting system i'd be willing to bet you are just showing sex pretty hard which happens when the plant gets older in veg and is especially true if it is extremely root bound because there is no way that plant is flowering at 20 hours of light... but in the mean time DONT switch to 12/12! your autos budding will be very airy and light, almost stringy.

3. Kush is in a 5 gal pot, and no Iv been vegging the kush along side of of 2 Big Bang autos. Then I drop some more auto seeds a few weeks ago. I wouldn't think they are flowering but theirs a shit load of pistols coming out of each bud site. Actually they look farther along then my 6 week old Big Bang autos as far as the bud site.

Ya I know that would just screw my autos up with the 12/12 and will say those Critical Jacks and Think different autos are fricken amazing. The fast growth is mind boggling.

4. Never grown autos before but would assume that you dont have to change the light cycle for them to start flowering. If their flowering on thier own under the current light cycle I would probably just leave it be.

5. The autos or not in question, and I dont want to change the light cycle on them, this is the problem. Its the Kush and its huge, it seems to me to be flowering. I'm not sure if its flowers are just preflowers. I cant post pics atm (phone is off) In some of the sites on the kush their are like 10 white pistols comming out. Do preflowers show are have that many pistols?

6. I take a few pics of a couple of my plants outside for you to compair to. One is flowering to early and the others are just showing sex. Back in a few.

7. Tagging to see pics...

8. For some reason I cant upload pics at this time. Something about a security key or token missing. Preflowers will show a couple of hairs comming out of a calyx and flowering plants will have more.

9. #9 clflatt, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    I guess I just have to buy another tent, I cant see messing up my autos and cant see messing up my kush. Just dont understand how under 20/4 lights my Kush started flowering. But mother nature dose what see wants when she wants.

I have a 200watt full specturm clf would that work for my autos even tho they are starting to show preflowers??? I'm layed off atm and my unemployment isnt much so new light would be a real pain to get atm.

10. Ok, lets see if they upload this time. First 3 pics are from 1 plant that is flowering early and the last 4 pics are from another plant right next to it just showing sings of sex.

Attached Files:

11. From my limited understanding of autos is their not photoperiod dependent for flowering which means they flower when they reach a certain age or are just ready to. The number of hours of light doesnt affect when they go into flowering. I`ve read a few post here where growers growing autos didnt bother with a 12/12 light cycle and kept it more inline with a veg light cycle. So you may be fine their just doing what their bred to do and thats start flowering when their ready no matter how many hours of light they get.

12. Thanks the pics help, ya its flowering and not preflowers.

13. I have never heard of anything like this... strange. I'd ask if you were sure the kush wasnt an auto itself but if it was it would have started flowering at least 1-2 weeks ago so that doesnt make sense either.

14. I knew I had seen this before and just found it.......so maybe their is a way under 20 hours of light.....

Some leaf growers prefer a continuous growth system, emphasizing leaf growth and a continuous supply of grass. The light cycle is set for 18 to 24 hours a day. This prevents flowering and the plants continue their rapid vegetative growth. Growing shoots and leaves are harvested as used, and plants are removed when ever they lose their vigour and growth has noticeably slowed. New plants are started in their place. In this way, there will be plants at different growth stages, some of which will be in their rapid vegetative growth stage and will be quite potent. Male plants and some females eventually will form flowers, but the females will not form large clusters. People often use this system when the lights are permanently fixed. Small plants are raised up to the lights on tables or boxes. This garden never shuts down and yields a continuous supply of grass

Taken from THE MARIJUANA GROWER'S GUIDE..........by Mel Frank & Ed Rosenthal

15. Hmm thats interesting... I'd think that was a reference to pre flowers though, no? "will not form large clusters"

16. in order to determine sex, which sounds like thats exactly what they are talking about

17. Dont auto flower strains flower by age & not by light hours? Hence the name, autoflowering. Im no pretty much nothing about auto flowering varieties though so don't take my word for it.

18. Yes, they go by age, probably not an exact science on a age number but when their old enough.

19. Auto flowers grow on a 24 or veg cycle, if you switch them to 12 they will just grow slower. This is normal for autoflowers hence why they are called Auto flowers, they automaticly flower without light change

20. Yes its independent of light cycle, dependent on age, crosses with the ruderalis.