Wow what is this type of dream/has it ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by housey, May 12, 2010.

1. Firstly Im not really a spiritual person, Im not religious, dont do meditation or anything like that but Last night while I was sleeping I had a mindblowing experience, I became aware that I was dreaming and still stayed in my dream instead of waking up.

I could completely control the dream and make anything I imagined appear/happen in the dream, first I was bodyboarding a giant wave, then skiing down a big mountain (even though I have never seen snow before, so I guess my interpretation of what skiing would be like). If I wanted to fly then I could do that, I was the master of my dream. After a while though I stopped concentrating on that I knew it was a dream and I slipped back into a normal dream, I think.

Does this have a name? And has this ever happened to anyone else, or can anyone do it regularly? I'm really interested in looking into it more an maybe expanding myself to spiritual possibilities which I have never looked at before

2. thats called lucid dreaming

3. Ring ring. It is lucid dreaming.

4. I used to lucid dream all the time when I was younger. I can't recall it happening in awhile though for me. Fun shit.