Wow, this dude I know shot 4 cops.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Boosh, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Anecdotal evidence as opposed to scientific evidence?

You have completely avoided the meat of the discussion and instead chose to focus on the fatty, rather arbitrary, technicalities.

You inquired to an instance where a police officer was treated differently then a regular citizen, I showed you one. Your simply ending the argument by throwing around the term anecdote, when in reality you aren't ending the argument. Your just putting up a dead end defense made up of your technical classifications of evidence.

Anecdote or not, I dont think you can dispute the FACT that there ARE instances where police officers are treated less harshly by the law simply for being a police officer.

2. How many years for killing a cop?

3. there are bad cops. but to kill some cops isnt good enough for me. if u got evidence of bad cops show it and they do get shit for it. i mean most cops dont go into it for the money. they actually do face alot of shit. but yeah there are bad cops. just dont hate on them all.

4. Not very many on death row, actually.

"You go straight to the front of the line." -Ron White

5. I just stay the FUCK away from cops, I don't want their help and I just abide by the laws when I am out in public. Even if somebody stole my car, robbed my house, whatever - I would NOT call the police. Just don't wanna deal with them ... EVER!

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both, for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I die - you are forgiven ... if I live I will kill you. Such is the rule of honor!"

6. Does Rodney King ring a bell?
    Waco, Texas?

7. well if cops weren't such pussies then they should have wasted him when he started shooting, there was four of them?

Definitely, what makes a cop a person of more value than everybody else just because they chose to become a cop?

90% of cops are just pussies on a power trip, I don't care what anybody says.

8. In the early afternoon of September 8, 2005, police encountered Fouad Kaady shortly after he was in an accident that left him in shock and bleeding, burned over much of his body. Rather than calling for medical help, the police commanded him to lie on the pavement, even though they could see the burned flesh hanging from his body, and even though they said he appeared to be "in a catatonic state." When he did not comply with their orders, but instead continued to sit on the ground in a daze, they tasered him repeatedly. And then, they shot him to death.

In a report that was typical of the corporate media's response to this killing, Channel 8's ever-mealy-mouthed Kyle Iboshi held up a wad of papers left over from the "investigation" into the death, saying, "you can see how extensive this investigation was." He then commenced to highlight (literally, with a yellow highlighter pen) what he claimed to be the relevant details of the case. Not surprisingly, Iboshi was very selective in what he chose to focus on. He accepted, without question, everything that the PIO had told him to say. He never asked a single question about why two officers might have shot an obviously unarmed man to death. And, he concluded his report by implying that Kaady must have been "on drugs" at the time of the killing, as if that might excuse the officers' behavior.

And so, in a pattern of violence that is repeated almost every day in this country, the police got away with murder. So far, anyway. They did so because they have the power and the authority to carry guns and to use them, and to avoid facing the consequences of their actions. And, they got away with it because the complicit corporate media helped them to weave a story that would lull the public into silence. As in so many incidents like this one, they told a story that was engineered to cause people to blame the victim, and accept the violence. No questions asked.

The truth about what happened to Fouad Kaady is important. It's important to bear witness when a member of our community is cut down like this. It's important to stand up for the person he might have been, rather than accepting the media's portrayal of him as merely some drug-crazed monster who "had it coming." It's important to know just how deep the culture of police violence runs through our cities and towns, and just how fist-in-glove the corporate media has been with the police state. And that's why this video is important. Even if you think you know the story, you're not going to believe this. Over the course of a year and a half, Videoistas painfully and meticulously gathered evidence, combed through records and reports, spoke with witnesses, and pieced together the real story. It's much more disturbing than what you might have seen on KATU, but it's the truth. And the least we can do for a fallen comrade is to take the time to learn the truth about what really happened to him.

Believe it or not, this story is told in the officers' own words. And you won't even believe what you hear.

This video is of The Portland Indymedia video Collective and does not represent or speak for the kaady family.
    Heres part 1:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8WijDe5BhQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8WijDe5BhQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. some cops are dicks, anyone see the thread with the video and the script, that cop was FUCKED UP to that poor kid..

-JAH

10. Im not the biggest fan of police, some are corrupt and on a power trip, but some are just normal people. No one should be killed for doing theyre job. Police dont make the laws, they just enforce them, and try to do so as a detatched third party, thats got to be hard in and of itself. Im not justifying what police do, obviously im at odds with the law for some of my life choices, but I dont think thats any reason to kill a cop.

Someone earlier said "fuck all cops question authority", or something very similar. Yes question authority, thats a good thing, its what makes this country great. But dont kill an innocent man or woman for trying to do there job.

11. and whats wrong with being a cynical nihilist?:cool:

12. oh damn this is pretty crazy. i heard on the radio about this and the cops were looking for his car cuz they had his plates. they found the car at the coral ridge mall in fort lauderdale, which is like a mile away from me lol. It seemed like the cops didn't know who they were looking for and they ended up arresting the gunman's brother at the mall or somethin. i dont know if theres been anymore updates but thats what i had last heard on the news.

13. [SIZE=-1]From the Miami Herald: Miami-Dade Police now say the suspect's name is Shawn Sherwin Labeet, not Kevin Wehner

boosh, do you no that other dude?
    [/SIZE]

14. when this story first came out way earlier today like 12pm or so i think idk i was blazed....faux news was reporting it was a 30 y/o heavyset white male with a long beard and short hair.....

15. Cop Killer Manhunt: A Case Of Stolen Identity

"We have been misled," said Commander O'Brien.
    [qoute]
    The police spokesperson said her department had been receiving information from "someone" who was working with them on the case who was wrong, but would not go into further detail.[/qoute]

16. dude i came home for vacation and im staying in Miami.. there are cops everywhere, keeps em off my ass for havin the funk tho :D

17. When I saw that I was wondering if anyone on grasscity knew him since theres an abundance of smokers here from florida...shit is crazy...

18. not all cops are good dude hell many are a-ok with beating cuffed chicks 'n or pounding a poor barmaid off duty

if anything I look at one of 'em catching any sort of hell on or off duty as karma balancing things out as I've yet to meet a single cop who didn't think they had a right to push people around to some degree (ego wise or 'just doing their job' BS)

edit- and yes I have family members in uniform and yes I'd be just fine with 'em catching hell as I've heard 'em brag about some pretty fucked up things and when confronted with what they did they acted as if it wasn't a big deal to skirt the very laws they swore to uphold