Wow, just found a site you all may find interesting

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Dec 10, 2007.

1. http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Alcohol/2310.html

:rolleyes: is all I have to say. What a crock. I understand telling teens not to smoke until they are older and have finished high school, but I don't agree with telling them not to smoke because it will cause "permanent effects"

2. It is not a smart choice to use drugs or alcohol as a teenager. It causes people make poor decisions that they normally wouldn't like drive a car or have unprotected sex."

"Marijuana can have very damaging long and short-term effects. Long and short term use of marijuana can lead to addiction, the possibility of tainted pot (causing medical problems and conditions), decreased mental abilities and burnt out brain cells, mental confusion, lung damage, weight gain, increased tolerance (requiring more of the drug to get you high) and decreased sexual performance. All of these side effects can permanently damage your body. "

3. that is TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT.....the government is so full of shit it makes me sick....people need to know the truth

4. Some of what is on there is true (poor decision making, psychological addiction).

And all in all- I don't see a problem telling teens that they shouldn't smoke/drink. Cause IMO- they shouldn't be.....

Their bodies are still developing and marijuana (due to its illegal status) has not been properly studied in developing youth.

For all we know it really could cause some abnormalities......

Get over it- its a site meant for teens, whatever they have to tell them to get through... Whether it be "pemanent effects" or the stupid commercials where an alien will steal your g/f.

5. "decreased sexual performance"

My ass decreased idk about anyone else but sex is great high and i know for a fact there is NOTHING decreased about my performance

6. check the sperm count latley?????

(it is reversible though)

7. yea but I think that telling them that it's gonna make you drive while "messed up" and have unprotected sex is a complete lie. Weed doesn't mess up your reasoning like alcohol does, if anything, the paranoia makes you more aware of the negative consequences your choices may bring. I for one never drive after smoking because I know I cannot drive well, and the unprotected sex thing is just insane. That is alcohol they are taking about, not weed.

8. It's a fucking setup by the site. No one will write to a anti drug site and ask if he/she can use the drug HAHAHA...
    bullshit.

9. I love how they like to point out the "decreased sexual performance." They just take a blow right where it hurts low-confidence dudes. Because you know the only thing they're thinking of before they fire up that next bowl is "damn, my sexual performance is going down the drain."

10. i don't think it is an anti-drug site, I think it is just a teen advice site.

11. http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/Pages/12quest.html

What do you guys think of "marijuana anonymous"? I think that it is somewhat reasonable that you might have a "weed problem" if you are smoking to escape reality and escape your life. But I think a lot (maybe most) people smoke to relax and make their already enjoyable life, even better? If you are happy with your life and working hard and doing good things, what is the problem if you also smoke?

12. I agree with you emdyeks....

But I also heard a saying that has stuck with me.

Addiction can effect anyone. That means, even if you function, go to work, pay bills, do good things, etc. you can still can have an addiction problem.

Even if it is something as relatively harmless as marijuana.....

13. what about someone that smokes everyday "when they can", but then stops smoking completely for finals, and then after final resumes the daily smoking?

14. Oh did I just show them whats up, I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and rated the article NOT useful!! :cool:

15. ....reading that zooted is really scary.

16. Fuck all that bullshit.

17. Well stoned sex is awesome.