Would you trade a 160,000 diamond for a dub sack?

Discussion in 'General' started by AlphaOmega420, Sep 27, 2014.

1. This stoner did:

http://www.kjrh.com/news/national/former-ups-worker-accused-of-stealing-160000-diamond-trading-it-for-20-of-marijuana

PHOENIX, Ariz. - A one-time UPS worker is accused of stealing a package containing a $160,000 diamond, and trading the valuable jewel for $20 worth of marijuana.

Walter Earl Morrison, 20, was working for UPS while unloading a plane in the cargo section of Sky Harbor Airport when he stuffed a package under his shirt, according to court documents.

Morrison thought the package contained cash, but instead he found a diamond.
    “Any single stone over $100,000 is an expensive stone,” House of Diamonds owner Brent Taubman said when asked about pricey diamonds.

Morrison allegedly traded the diamond for the drug, before being caught.
    The stolen diamond was recovered and delivered to the intended customer, a UPS spokesperson said.
    UPS fired Morrison, the spokesperson added.
    Authorities charged Morrison last week with felony theft.
    A man who would not open the door at Morrison's home said he had no comment on the matter.

I hope that was some dank bud for the prison sentence this guy is gonna get  :laughing:<em> </em>

2. I'm sure if he knew it was worth that much he would of sold it for more than 1 gram hahaha

3. Probably thought it was cubic zirconia

4. You cant smoke a diamond.

5. That's the story.

He actually traded it for information. UPS... ha.

6. a 100,000 dollar diamond would pretty obvious it was real because it would be clear and flawless and huge, of course these are things you get checked out by gemologists but yea still pretty obvious unless lab created, still would be worth 1/3 of that lab created, or more. But if I remember right on diamonds that expensive there are serial numbers when they are certified by GIA or AGS, so stealing one would be pretty impossible. But yea most people wouldn't know that I suppose. 

7. Lol good point

8. Mother fucker shoulda went on the run.

9. sounds like its about to turn into a blood diamond......Blood diamonds are only considered "Blood Diamonds" if they kill over it correct?

10. He obviously doesn't have the connections to sell it on the black market.  So he would of got caught selling it anyways. At least this way he got to smoke a blunt before going to jail lol  :laughing:

11. Yes, which is why a lot of companies and people take it a step further and also state that they are "conflict free", meaning that there was no conflict, fatal or otherwise involved in their processing.

12. If this is true then I just need to say it. Fucking idiot. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Why would you mail that shit?

14. #14 otroo, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  15. And in other news, water is wet and the sky is blue

16. lol yeah that was so random, its like they have to ask a 'experts' opinion even for obvious shit

17. #17 Stargate, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    With that amount of US dollars I could live like a king in most countries. 

18. If that's true, I feel bad for everyone involved... :facepalm:

19. For 160,000 worth, yeah I'd trade it.

For a gram, you have to be kidding.

20. #20 Deleted member 42976, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    read about this yesterday lol shit is insane. i bet the dealer was pissed. he got caught with the diamond and lost out on $20. probably even got charged for being a dealer knowing the police.