Would You Smoke With A Muslim? Question To Athirst

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Cholo_new, May 24, 2013.

1. #41 fayn2madness, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013

The American community in general and across religions and races condemned his actions and he has paid. Hallelujah. Religious leaders from all over denounced these actions.
    That rarely happens when Islamic terrorists attack, even when it is among their own for proposed infractions of some crazy sumsuch. Remember the Islamist extremists are not only attacking the west, they attack everywhere, and mostly their own.

Many people are not taught why the Crusaders went to the Middle East to start with. There was great strife in the land against the majority Christian population and contemporary in the time was the desire to rescue them and free the people of tyrannical raiding Arab tribes and Sultans. Muslim faith came into it later after the value of the fellowship loyalties were learned and then the Muslim Religion was invented to bring the people together make them stronger as a whole rather than broken into many tribes with feuds bones to grind.
    Slavery has been around since the beginning of man and doesn't belong exclusively to the black race. In fact as we speak here Arab elites are trading people of all colors all over the world even right here in the good ole USA and let's not forget the Mexican Cartels enslaving whole villages of people of their own race. Do not make the mistake of blaming the actions of men on Religion because religion is used to justify actions. If there were no religion they would find another way to justify them. Also do not forget the "Church" you refer to were the govt and responsible for educating much as the Muslims are doing now. Keeping them apprised of what they want them to be educated about rather than a real education,,,much like the USA is teaching these days. Indoctrination instead of education.

• Like Like x 1
  2. just aslong as get to hold the lighter... dont wont any bombs to be lit haha

• Like Like x 2
  3. Without a doubt I would A brother in weed is a brother Indeed

Not all of them but enough. I can't tell the good ones from the bad ones. Let God sort them out. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. brother i respect your opinion that you dont wanna smoke with muslims
    but why are you constantly putting negative vibration in my thread?

if you dont wanna pass the joint, fuck off, cause i got 4 wives, and each one got a blunt rolled for me :ph34r: :ph34r: :smoking: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Alright well if you don't want to interact with all members of a certain religion because of the actions of a few, I guess that's your right.

7. So in the op you were just asking for yes or no answers? What did you expect? You got what you set out to accomplish so cut the whining.

8. #48 Johnny Cash, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013

Does it? Or do you just not hear it? How many Muslims have you asked whether they condone or condemn terrorism?
    If you're using the media to shape your opinion about Islam and terrorism, you should know that there are many people preventing them from being objective.

9. Many people are preventing them from being objective?  Like who for example?  Name one person doing the preventing.  If there is one I want to know who.  Fair minded people everywhere are looking for Muslim leaders to speak out against their follower's violence.  We desperately want to hear it but we don't, and with each greater atrocity it becomes more clear it just isn't going to happen.  If they are against it they damn sure keep their objections to themselves and I'm no longer convinced they want it to stop.  Fool me twice.............

• Like Like x 1
  10. #50 Johnny Cash, May 29, 2013

One person? Well if you want a posterchild I'd have to say Rupert Murdoch. Who decides what you see on the news? This is a multi billion dollar industry, they show you what is most profitable. Turn on CNN, they got fucking celebrities there. Why do you think news channels have distinct differences anyway? Why is Fox News conservative and NBC liberal? They're reporting on the same objective truth, no? Because they're not objective.

Having spent some time with loving kind and caring Muslims and having also prayed with them as I would also with a Baptist I don't especially agree completely with, yes I believe most Muslims do not condone what a few do, However
    The majority are not loud and condemning in their objections to the violence.  I believe there is enough avenue out there to get the outrage across if and when they decide to come out against violence and pro Liberty of worship and society the message would be heard and spread without the Alphabet Media.
     The mass media have been in the Govt's pockets since way back but my friend if you haven't been over there you cannot be aware of what you are talking about.
    If you go into the backwoods of Georgia, you find a "type" in the Majority, if you go to the Emerald Triangle in California, you find a "type" in Majority, In the desert and ranch lands of the west, so on and so on, so when you go into the back allies and villages of these Middle Eastern countries you find a "type" varied and far different than the educated urban'd and citified "types".  seemingly, because when you send the hick to NY he isn't necessarily transformed but he does adapt and though he may be transformed, most likely he is "fitting in".  Same with a villager or elite who has the great fortune for higher learning or employment in a bigger city.  They do not necessarily change their views but hide them to "fit in".

My thinking is if the Muslims want the opinions of the world to change toward them and their faith, their actions will go far and wide but they have to speak out and not condone nor excuse the violent actions of those who would bastardize their faith and put their moral guide in question or under attack.  As I said the extremists muslims kill more Muslims than any other threat.  maybe that is the cause of the lackadaisical attitude from the Muslim communities.

I'll admit that I can only speak for the muslims I have encountered in the Netherlands. And I'm glad you based your opinion on interaction with muslims rather than the media. I do agree that they may not be as vocal in their condemnation of terrorism towards the outside. But I'm sure religious leaders are condemning terrorism. I think it would be hard to find a mosque where terrorism hasn't been discussed by the imam, although in some of course it is praised. :(

13. Why yes I am in quite a thirst. How'd you know?

But seriously OP id smoke with anyone that's got the ganj!
    Sent from my LG-VS700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Hell yeah man, I grew up in Dearborn so I've blazed with many a Muslim. Well, not too many, but I can think of a few.

15. You are saying Murdoch is preventing Fox from showing Muslim leaders speaking out against the violence?  I'm going to need to see your sources for that one. If he had a policy of suppressing Muslim leaders who speak up it would be a big enough story to make the news.  MSNBC would love to get that story, or does he prevent them from airing that one too? The media shows what's profitable and that means they show whatever attracts viewers. If a Muslim leader wanted to speak out against the violence it would be news.  I haven't come to my opinion about Islam easily.  It was only after years of silent Muslim leaders that I came to believe there really isn't any. 

• Like Like x 1
  16. #56 Johnny Cash, May 29, 2013

Well the news companies still decide what they show on the news, right? I doubt Fox news would do a report on this for instance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmNo9CEglTo

Or this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbt60mE-ac

I think it's pretty obvious that most mainstream news companies have an agenda besides objective journalism. I don't understand how you don't see that different news channels paint different pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #57 Cactus Ed, May 29, 2013
    I do see that different companies put their own spin on stories, and I'm still waiting on you to source your claim Murdoch is preventing Fox news from reporting a major Muslim cleric speaking out against terrorism.  I've seen people defending Islam on Fox but it's usually someone from CAIR who dodges questions and starts pointing fingers in other directions.  Back to the original question, sure I'd smoke with a Muslim, as long as he believes in equal rights for women and denounces his fellow Muslims for their love of violence.  And they do love it, it's a fun time to play with guns and bombs

• Like Like x 1
    I never said anything about "major Muslim clerics". I'm talking about the rethoric that they use and the guests they invite. I'm just saying, some news station portray an event in one way, and others portray it in another. Some news stations choose to cover subjects that other news stations ignore. My original point was only that you can't form a fair opinion about muslims if you only go by what you see on tv.

19. Maybe you aren't aware but the reason FOX is popular and the most widely watched news is because at any given time of the day a person of whatever persuasion politically may find on one of their networks, a conservative, a liberal, a libertarian or a progressive point of view all talking points announced,  I must admit I would much rather see or hear the more libertarian and conservative points of view more often however I find there is way more of the liberal and progressive view than they should be required to air being the other networks have it pretty much covered.  I'm disgusted with them too most of the time.  I tend to follow their Libertarian commentators most but most of my news comes from other sources.
    I have had a ? for the Left for a long time and it has never yet been answered, I don't expect one now but I'll give it a go.
    If all the Networks are in the bag for Government control Progressive policies in direct conflict with the Constitution and reporting favorably and inaccurately about the results of policies and for instance cut that are not cuts, but the thing is if there are sooooo many for the left and promoting those progressive policies;

What is wrong with have ONE network that does report on the other sides of an issue or many issues???    and what is wrong with one News organization that follows leads and reports on shenanigans of the Political Elite and carrying on outside of law? rather than taking the script of the day and shifting a few words around why aren't the so called "Reporters" actually reporting?

The question of course is what is wrong with having a Right leaning Media when the Left owns so many?

20. #60 Johnny Cash, May 29, 2013
    Well I guess there's no problem with it inherently, because people can watch whetever they want. The problem is that I think many people get their world view from one news channel. I'm not sure this is true but I suspect it is (not either of you personally).  If you do that, it is going to be shifted towards one side simply because of a lack of information from another side. I just think it sucks that there are hardly any news channels that don't show biased reporting and coverage.