Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would You Smoke This?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cryptix420, May 15, 2009.

1. So this is my first grow, and I'm pretty impatient (like all new growers) and I was wanting to cut off a bud and dry it for a few days for a sampling. So, what do you all think? Is this bud smoke worthy? People say you are supposed to look at the trichomes, but I'm not exactly sure what to look for..

[​IMG]

2. Id just wait, the final product will be much better

3. it seems like you want to take a piece of bud while its still growing and smoke it. not sure

how well that would work since its still wet.

i would suggest waiting till there done growing, dried , and cured.

4. I'm saying I would still dry it, I would just be picking it a little early.

5. I would wait only reason some hairs are turning is cause looks like they have been touched. Wait till 80-90% hairs turn red for best results. Checking trichomes is another way, which you need a scope to look though. But you can get a scope 100x-60x for like $15 bucks at radio shack.

I personally have cut some buds early but its a waste. Good luck :D

6. You waited this long...just a little more...and don't f up the curing stage by being impatient!

Or just hack it off, throw it in the oven and be done with it, but you'll like the first approach better in the long run =)

7. There's a lot to go yet on that plant

8. You can smoke it if you want but it won't be as potent as if you let it finish growing. You're gonna have to torch it too if you want to get a hit.

9. id wait man

10. I'd smoke it. Looks dank.

11. go buy a bag from someone elses stash and toke up while you wait for it to fully mature you'll be way happier if you do i mean just look at that picture...look at all those little baby trichomes slowing developing into deliciousness...you can tell its not exactly ready and if you wait you can def. tell theres lots of red hairs that are coming in...shes just a baby you gotta let mary jane develop into a full grown woman first :ey: you can see she'll be a bad ass bitch if you give her time :smoking:

12. I understand why you'd like to sample it. If your growup is big (5 or more plants in this context) you could do it, but you should let it dry first. The trichomes you're talking about are those white hairs you see on the bud. But remember that the effect of this premature bud might be very different from the finished product's. But it looks like it's going to be some nice bud :smoking:

13. No. Weed needs to be properly dried and cured. Just like a fine wine. You might sample it, but you wouldn't drink it before it's ready.

14. let it be cured

15. No, those look like they still have a little while to go, Just wait it out.

16. wait it will make it the much better when u do get to burn it

17. Well I just took a tiny little nug off of the middle of the plant and put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 125, then I smoked it out of a pipe, and holy shit! If I'm this baked right now I don't even want to know what this bad bitch is going to give me when she's done.

Let the waiting begin!

18. ...

isn't that what everyone told you not to do?
    I thought that MJ needed every single piece of the plant to help it grow properly.

19. It doesn't hurt to take a small nug to test, just don't get carried away or you'll stress the plant out.

It also doesn't hurt to post growing threads in the proper forum section ;)