Would you sell your soul?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by scary bubble jr, Oct 19, 2010.

1. You're walking along the street one day when all of a sudden a tall man wearing a black trench-coat appears from an alley. He asks you if you will sell him your soul for $50. All you have to do is sign along the dotted line on a contract that states:

"I __________ agree to sell my soul to __________ for the sum of $50"

Why would/wouldn't you do this?

2. is the chance of selling your soul and being damned for all eternity worth the 50$ ?
    if so, cost benefit analysis says yes,
    yes you should.
    I however, would not take any offers from a tall man in a trenchcoat, idgaf what hes selling.

3. I'd laugh at him and say at least a grand.

4. It such a transfer was possible, no. Our existence on their Earth is nothing more than an entrapment in what Christians know as, hell. And seeing as hell is Earth and Earth is just the physical plane, an exchange could not be made. Nor would it be made as I seek to escape my entrapment and escape to what Christians know as heaven which is nothing more than the spiritual plane.

5. You know what I'd do?
    I'd take that deal 'n' crawfish, then drill that ol' Devil in the ass.

Honestly though, it's not worth selling for money. Hell, I can get money myself. If you're going to sell your soul, it better be for something worth it. To some people that's going to be a woman, a talent or a position of power.

6. I cant =( im a ginger I dont have one

7. LOL:p

8. Sure, why not?

9. I'm an atheist so it wouldn't matter to me. He'd be the one getting ripped off, no such thing as a soul.

10. I wouldn't sell my entire soul, but if he wanted half for like $30, I'd break him off something.

11. lol quite hypothetical huh?
    i'd agree and take the cash, buy some herb, blaze sit back and think about how he lost out on the deal.
    Soul?
    Transfer?
    what?

12. I don't really believe in the concept of a soul, but if some guy asked me to sign some random paper in exchange for a nice ounce of dank, I'd do it, no questions asked.
    Yumm.

13. There are a few things I would sell my soul for, $50 isn't one of them.

Reason? It's fucking $50 lol

14. Hell yes. I've already sold it for a few bucks several times. That's the really neat thing about selling something that doesn't exist.

15. i think the people buying souls are more interesting then the seller, lol

16. for a doughnut.... possibly

17. Make it $60 and you got a deal.

18. Titties
    And Beer
    Titties And Beer
    Titties And Beer Titties
    And Beer Titties And Beer
    Titties And Beer Titties And Beer
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441-Vnv7cRY]YouTube - Frank Zappa - Titties and Beer[/ame]Titties
    And Beer
    Titties And Beer
    Titties And Beer Titties
    And Beer Titties And Beer
    Titties And Beer Titties And Beer

19. I would do it just for the contract. Then I would frame it and hang it on the wall.

20. I'd do it for a Klondike bar