Would You Move For Weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by CharO0ne, Nov 6, 2010.

1. For me, I'd rather live somewhere where marijuana is at least decriminalized because the minute I get my place, you better believe I'm setting up a closet grow! It'd be better not to get caught growing and possessing in some ultra strict state you know?

So, Simple question: would you live somewhere simply because weed is legal/decriminalized? I'm just curious to know how you guys and gals feel about this.

2. Never.

I don't believe any plant is important enough for me to base such a major decision around.

3. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the states that decriminalized only did so for possesion and only up to a certain amount, I think around an ounce.

Growing still carries huge penalties and would probably also produce more bud than the decriminalized state limit. Of course it would be a lot safer to have some on your person or in your car but with the growing I think you would still be risking felonies and prison time?

Also no I wouldn't move for bud... but it would be nice if AZ decriminalized or at least passed MMJ :(

4. Well if you're moving anyway, and there's no reason to be anywhere else, why not...but if there are job opportunities close to home, or if I'm not moving in the first place, then nope

5. No. Maybe to Cali if I had a boy that already lived there. For now I'll just smoke where I am..

6. It's a big part of my life, I've moved to help people with their grows and processing, and to pitch in with various larger efforts, and early on I moved around the world several times to apprentice with more experienced growers and communities.

It's made me both the grower, and the person I am today. And it's not all about the herb itself. It's brought a lot of joy to my life. I've seen wonderful places around the globe, I've met a great number of fantastic people I otherwise never would have known, and it's given me a lot of excitement, and stability, even in varied climates and environments.

It's not the life for everyone, some people won't venture more than twenty or thirty kilometers away from the place they were born, or where they went to school. Some people hate flying, or can't afford to do so frequently enough to visit loved ones. I on the other hand love travel, and have no fear of flying. Some of us require something a bit different from life :)

I say, when taking into consideration the many decisions and moves that I've made, that were directly influenced by my love of the herb and the art of its production.. that if you were to make a single move, to a better environment for something you enjoy, it can only improve the quality of your life :)

Just don't make any decision too hastily. Be sure you know what you're doing when you get there, wherever there is, and be sure that you have some other, hard and concrete goals in mind.

7. absolutely, i love marijuana and everything about it. i would love to live in a very laid back place where people dont care much about it. in new jersey where im from, smoking comes with some pretty harsh consequences.

8. Cannabis is never my primary concern

9. In Jersey??? I dont know why, but that seems quite odd to me.

10. Oh hell yeah, don't like living where I do anyways so I would love to live somewhere where grass is legal. there will probably be awesome job opportunity in a legal area also
    Its just moving anyways,think of it as an adventure, I dont want to live in the same city nor even the same country all my life- seems like a huge waste.

besides- i'll be lying if i didn't say weed wasn't a huge part of my life, its one of my biggest hobbies. it's not all about smoking, but the literature the history the information, the social stigmas in different places, how its used in different areas, theres a hell of a lot to learn.

11. its pussy right?

12. i was planning on gettting out of jersey anyway so i figure why not move to a place where i can do my thing without facing any serious consequences ya know

13. Exactly. I'm looking at new York since I like new York anyways, and at least it's decriminalized there. But I wouldn't move somewhere just for that, I have to at least have an interest in being there!