Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you let your kids smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ibrahim, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would you let your kids smoke and at what age?. What kind of limits would you have? Like would you rip bong tokes with them and their friends?

2. Totally. I smoke with my dad all the time. Wish he would vape, but he's old fashioned. Although, when I was in high school he never really knew how much of a stoner I was. I eff'd up in high school and didn't really do well at all, cut class, etc. He thought I was just dumb, lol. Now that I'm in college and more aware of the path I'm taking, I know to only vape after I get all my stuff done.

I'd let my kid smoke under one occasion: Do well in school/work and don't do any other drugs. I feel if you're hard on your child, it makes them more prone to trying other drugs and being that "cool" kid. But if they have a parent that smokes and lets them, they're even cooler[​IMG]

As for smoking with their friends, only if they're 18+ or 21+. Not sure which. Because if they pass out/end up in the hospital, my ass is on the line and you bet a lawsuit is coming from their parents.

3. I don't really know what age but I would rather have them smoking weed with friends than drinking.

4. I'm gonna require it.

5. Yes probably around 14

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yes. It's no different than a father giving his son his first beer. I'd wait till around 18 ideally or till whenever the brain is fully developed, but I started at 16 so idk.

7. Yeah if you actualy help your kids with it and control it its much better then yell at your kids and then see them geting in trouble with the dealers or something you feel me

8. #8 gauger buds 060746 200101, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    I wouldn't introduce them to weed until they were about 18, but if they started smoking with friends before that age I wouldn't stop them.

Oh yeah it also depends on how mature and trustworthy they are. I wouldn't be giving my child weed if their gonna be grabbing out my stash all the time.

9. When he/she is like 14-15 (or when you as parent kinda feel like he's ready for it, all depends on the kid), id tell him that i would allow it under some rules: Dont go bragging to everyone about it, dont smoke untill you've finished your responsibilities and dont smoke to much, if i see him/her puking or greening out more than once there will be consequenses

10. #10 wafdof, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    As a parent you are a coach in life.  Everything in our household boils down to respect.  I told my daughter that she has no rules as long as she uses her common sense and respects us.  Sound like anything goes?  Hardly.  She is 17 and is smart enough to figure right and wrong.  I have enabled her to become a bigger person by allowing her to chose her own road and to always try to pick what she thinks is the right thing.  When she moves on she will hopefully continue to be honest and attempt to always pick the right path.  Contrary to the deceitfulness that most parents teach by being a warden or a "Friend" and not a parent.  

You guys are looking for a magical age and there is none.  When my daughter was 13 I would trust her (And did) with this decision, yet I have seen 20 and 30 somethings that are too stupid and immature to make any major decisions in life.

Part of this is example, my daughter has never seen us stoned or drunk. EVER.  She has seen my wife smoke pot and me drink 2 or 3.  It's not a mystery just not something we overdo either.  

11. Yeah, it's a tough thing though. I'd make sure they had their shit together and were focused on school first. I mean, if they have that together and are being safe, then them starting to smoke weed is kind of an after thought.

12. for sure but i would want to be the first to smoke with them.

13. Agreed, and I would want to make sure they wanted to use the herb for the right reasons.

14. Sorry, but since we can't discuss children getting high...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.