Would You Let Your Kids Smoke?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by zaikowebs, May 6, 2014.

1. Ok so first of all to avoid confusion, let me clarify that when I say kids, I mean at least 18 year olds. Regardless the fact that I first smoked at a young age, I do not support under age smoking.

Having said that, well I've always considered marijuana as something only smart and responsible people should try. It's way different when someone chill and smart smokes than when a #YOLO-frat-douch guy does.

Thats why I would prefer to be open with weed to my kids instead of having them get wild and use the herb the wrong way.

What do you guys think? Will you, or would you smoke with your kids?... Or would that be too awkward?

2. I'm not sure yet, depends what my kid is like. If he's a stupid little pothead that's only ever looking for his next bit then no, that's just encouraging another drain on society that wont work and will collect money from the state. If he's a smart enough kid that knows what he's doing I probably would, only special occasions though, it'd make the occasional smoke you do have a better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If they are 18, they can do whatever the hell they want; I won't stop them.

4. I blaze with my mom all the time. I started smokin herb when I was 12, but she didn't find out until I was like 16. She never cared though because she knows it's not bad, once I turned magic 18 though, she started smoking with me lol. Even got her to hit the bong a few times (she didn't like it tho)

Sent from my iPhone

5. I would let any of my offspring smoke weed and I would openly smoke around them and I'm talking about any age they can get weed if they're 18 I don't give a fuck what they do

--Don't be limited by your own knowledge - Zachary Burkhart--

6. I think that if they were at least 18 and didn't have problems in school with their grades then i would love to smoke with them

7. Never having kids till the day I die however If I did I would let them smoke at 16 or 17.  I would let them discover the magic on their own [ without telling them I do it ] and when I 'catch' them I would act mad but then take their weed and hit it right in front of em  :laughing:  I know it's every teenagers dream to get to smoke with their parents and those who do are the luckiest children in the world. 

8. This is how I would run my shit with my kids.

Yeah well even though my parents do not blaze, but they found out that I smoke at a very young age and they actually didn't care that much except that it is illegal and I should be very careful. But other than that they wouldn't mind me smoking in my room.

Now I live with my gf and roomie and we all smoke, so we could say that I've never really experienced the feeling of being paranoid about getting caught smoking.

10. Really, depends im not gonna say shit till i catch em, after that ill let them toak, im not stupid i got caught 3 times by my parents before they relized i would never truly stop, it really depends on how your kid turns out

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Hmm, I wouldn't allow my kids to smoke, vape is ok. But even then I would deny my use of marijuana and would like them to discover it in the later years of there life. No smoking within education years.  

12. My dad smokes with me so it would only be fair.

13. I wouldnt want my kids smoking. Atleast not until they were in College.

Even tho I did.....I think it took away from me gettin better grades in HS n stayin focused. I wish I woulda waited TBH

14. When they are an adult I'd be more than willing to share my stash with my child. In fact I'd rather they come to me and get quality herb instead of buying commercial shit on the street.

15. #15 ReturnFire333, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
    Never having kids, and I don't smoke, but hypothetically, no I would not allow it. I would inform my "kids" that there is no way know knowing right now how cannabis affects a young developing mind in terms of memory and emotional development, and maturity. I would also inform them how bad it is to inhale smoke and its subsequent tar and carcinogens. Also I would inform them that there is no way of knowing what is in street weed, and that it can be moldy, have chemical fertilizers, pesticides, rarely but possibly be laced or dipped.

Kind of pointless to start the situation out at "if they are 18" because the most you can do then is not let them smoke in the house or set a curfew for when they must be back inside your home at night.

16. I would allow my underage children to medicate if a disease was affecting them negatively that could be beneficial to them.

Otherwise, I would allow them to smoke when they move out.

17. Yeah well I quoted the part about being 18 because I don't want to encourage under age smoking, but you kinda get the point at what I mean.

Just like alcohol that many parents and kids can enjoy without getting all drunk and wasted, well thats what I intend in debating if anybody is willing to open talk about weed and all with your kids without getting all strict and religious about it like society suggest.

18. Id let my kid smoke, sure, why not? I'd wait till they are 16 though becuase everybody is a little bit unsure about how it affects the young developing mind. I'm pretty sure he or she would be fine though. I turned out ok, I think lol

19. I'll let them smoke, but I'm not funding their habit.

20. Lol What do you mean by let? How many people on gc asked their parents if its alright to smoke buds before they ever smoked it? Your kids will do what they want, thats what we did.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app