Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you let your kids smoke marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KushBurner420, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Many people will be labeled as a bad parent if they let their kids smoke

2. I didn't start until I was 18. If my kid wants to try it, I'll let him/her try it out. I'd let them try alcohol, too. But I'd say no for regular use until they're 18.

3. Don't have any kids but Depends on the Kid. If they were responsible enough not to abuse it then maybe.

4. Maybe if they were a certain age (at least 16) and had gotten all their shit (homework, chores, etc.) done first.

That said, I know from first hand experience that if a kid wants to smoke a kid's gonna smoke, but as a parent you can at least push them to be responsible with it.

5. at LEAST 16 but like tommy killah said it really depends on the kid

6. Yeah at like 15 or so

7. When they are mature enough. No real age imo

8. WOULD I?- No.
    WILL I?- Yes.
    Riddle me that one;)

9. Hell no. I wish I hadent started as earley as I did ( partially the reason ) because for the longest time it was get money smoke weed repeat. It was like things weren't worth doing if you weren't blazed. And I would wNt my kids to see the woeld without a weed filtre. I just wouldnt want them to be scares of weed. I want them to find weed on there kan. Idk maybe if there 17 or some shit

10. i will probably not introduce them to smoking, because i think that they should decide for themselves. since i started when i was 15, i will have a pretty good understanding of when/if they start trying it.

11. i wouldn't tell them its ok... i wouldn't do it round them or ever encourage them.. but if my kid smokes... he can privately do it at home and i wouldn't be mad... if he's riding around smoking weed in his car or something dumb... id probably chime in

12. Like everyone else said, depends on the kid, and I wouldn't want them to smoke errday until they were 18 (and even then wouldn't be super happy about it, if they can afford to smoke every day they must have a good job and I better not be paying their bills).

If the kid is successful in life and most of all if I think they are mature enough to not do it in public or bring it to school I wouldn't be too upset or anything.

13. I've been straight all my life, graduated with a 4.2, go to a pretty nice university...
    And I've been smoking since I was like 14 or 15 with my parents consent. They really love me, and were great parents my whole life. They'd rather know WHERE I am, and WHAT I'm doing, than have me lie and go behind their back.

They made it clear not to smoke and drive or drink and drive, set down some rules and told me if I cross them, I'm fucking dead. They were strict when it came to grades, girls, and curfew....but if I wanted to smoke, I was allowed, NOT tobacco though. And I had to do it outside, not in the house.

TL;DR, you can still be a great parent and let your kids smoke.

14. I smoke bud with my son so my answer would have to be yes:D

15. Shit honestly i dont know, and i probably wont know until i know what it is like to be in my parents' shoes. I probably would if they were older than 15 or 16 and were responsible about it.

16. Not at 15 like myself. I definitely abused it at that age

17. Age has no say on this... It more or les depends on if they are mature enough to handle it responcebly.

18. I think if I knew my kids were responsible and weren't the type of people that would be complete idiots about it, then once they turn 14/15 and they wanted to know what it's like I'd probably want to smoke with them starting out, but that would come down to how close I was with them I guess. Who knows though, that's just how I think now, maybe when I am a parent I'll turn into a strict monster.

19. I'd let my kid smoke at home with my support after 16 if they can prove to me that they can smoke and be responsible about the rest of their life, but if they can't I'd crack down on it.

I wouldn't be the one to introduce them to it though, that's asking for them to start rather than letting them discover it and decide if they like it on their own.

However, I wouldn't let them drive my car high, even though I do all the time, because it can carry a much more severe charge if they get caught and I also don't want my car getting wrecked before they're used to it.

If they're 18 and it's their own car they can do what they want.

20. noo I'd never like, let them smoke it with me knowing (ever) kinda bcus I get a sketched out feeling when I think bout abusing any drug, even pot.. but my dad has seen me when I'm high before and he kinda subliminally asks me like: hey, wanna cook up a frozen pizza? And stuff, but he's actually caught me and grounded me for it I front of my mom. I think I'd be like my dad; you care, but you know that it's not really BAD.