Would you hire a lawyer that smoked?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Purely hypothetical question here, if you needed a lawyer and knew that one lawyer smoked, would you not hire him because of that?

2. I would hire them, there was a lawyer in my town who was appointed to magistrate last month that has a mj charge on his record.

3. Yes, aslong as hes good at his job i could care less what drugs he uses

4. Same here.

5. You guys might kill me for saying this, but at least appreciate my honesty. No, I would not hire a lawyer that smokes weed. Why? Because a lot of people abuse the drug, and it has negative effects on people when abused. Don't tell me it doesn't.. you're only kidding yourself.

How am I to know if this guy is as mature of a smoker as I am? Or as most of us are? How do I know this guy aint a typical college slacker who stoned every day and got by on his lurals instead of hard work and dedication (what make a lawyer truly good)?

Answer: I don't. And when My Ass is on the line, I'm not going to take chances just to prove an idealistic point.

If a guy is smoking pot every day, I don't want him to be my lawyer. Period.

6. a lawyer that is 420 friendly is gonna be alittle more sympathetic--theyll also be alittle more corrupt, and maybe even know alittle more of the ins and outs??

7. well shit man just take a look at his case history, is some pothead ass lawyer had won 90% of his cases i wouldnt care that he smoked