Would You Disown Your Child After This?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hfc0829, Nov 18, 2011.

1. #41 GaiaGuy, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    Pretty reckless on the parent's part for being so indiscreet in the first place, if you ask me.

He said he was “sick of the smoke in the house” and they kept pounds of it on their dresser. I can’t imagine how pervasive their use must have been.

Sadly, this kid is going to have a lot on his conscience when he is 20 or 30 and marijuana is legal in most States. (Just going by the numbers.)

Imagine all the kids living with cigarette chain smoking parents and who can't do anything about it because tobacco is legal.

This article is sad on many levels.

2. You guys are reacting to the kid like he ratted his parents out because of the evils of weed, and therefor, he needs to be educated. I read it like the kid was sick of the smoke, and probably scared of the fact that it's illegal and in his house, or even simply to fuck over his parents.

"we need to teach him about weed bro!!!!":smoke: lol!

3. Hold on guys. There could be irony in this story. Maybe 5 years from now he blazes and realizes two things. 1) He wont be seeing his parents for a while and 2) he got them arrested for something thats pretty harmless. Im waiting in anticipation.

4. The parents should of raised their kid to be more loyal. Shoulda smacked him the first time he turned on them.

5. Somebody got there Call of Duty taken away...

6. It's so funny how emotions cloud judgment; how easy it is for someone to jump the gun on the media and declare that their blatant ignorance over marijuana is unjust, but because you would like to glorify your moral principles on here, what's sad is the fact that you wouldn't take a second to think that maybe it the pounds were kept in the dresser, and that he might've just been disturbed by the hard-on his DARE officer got from smashing on the ganja that he had to see him stick it somewhere other than his face. Anyway, I see a different side to this story, but then again, it might just take a bit of common sense to be one of those people that sticks by what's logical and not what tickles my emotions. :)

7. The parents had pounds of cannabis in their possession, stored in an area easily accessible by their minor child. This is a fact that all the reports I've read agree upon. Their use of cannabis was blatant enough that the child was able to both detect it and be bothered by it.

Marijuana is still an illegal substance in most American jurisdictions. Until those laws change, parents who imbibe the kind herb must be savvy and cautious.

These people were neither.

I am not acting as an apologist for the boy's actions. I believe that the situation was unfortunate for all involved, but that the root cause was the irresponsibility of the parents. Had they exercised an iota of discretion then the boy would have never known.

He is 11 and his mother worked for the justice system. She should have easily been beyond suspicion. I'm sure she could have used some of that government paycheque to buy a vaporizer and a small safe, no?

It is easy to blame the child, but he is a child. Most children cannot appreciate the consequences of their actions. (This is why they cannot sign legally binding contracts.) Clearly this particular 11 year old was not capable of handling this knowledge, and it came back on the parents.

'Why' he did it is moot. How he knew about it to begin with is the root.

I simply advocate placing blame where blame is due.

Peace.

PS: My comment about tobacco was meant to highlight the hypocrisy of a legal system that bans marijuana, yet allows children to live in environments permeated with a drug that is proven to be extremely harmful to their development via second-hand exposure.

8. #48 VoRTeXaS8, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    damn the kid played an understandable role he just doesn't know any better he's 11, he was probably taught this by his drug smuggling probation enforcing hypocritical parents and just tired of the arguments whether to keep the weed or not so he said fuck it I'm calling the cops!

But i wouldn't think about disowning him if i was his dad hell nah

9. Nah, You guys are reading too much into it. Simple break down;
    He is 11.
    He asked many, many times for his parents not to hot box the house.
    He likely did not enjot the contact high that was bound to be there.
    The parents didn't give a fuck about his requests.
    He finally snapped, as any 11 year old could, and thought were can I find relief? My parents wont do a damn thing, I need help.!!!!

Poor little fuck had to do it. :cool: :)

10. Heres my thought it depends if the kid got brainwashed from the school and didn't know better I would still consider him my kid, but if he did it because I didn't buy him mcdonalds or some stupid shit id disown him.

11. @ Ic green well I see that point didn't read all the posts.

12. All that means is you have forgotten where you came from.:rolleyes:

13. IMO it'd be one thing if it was a much smaller amount but no user or small time dealer would ever have 5lbs his parrents were big time dealers and they did it around their kid IMO the deserve what's comming to them

14. Who leaves pounds on there dresser?

15. Big time dealers

16. When I was 11 I almost turned in my parents. I said they were smoking pot on the porch. Fuck DARE.

17. A) The kid is only 11. 90% of the things he's been told about drugs is scare tactics drilled into kids.
    B) The parents shouldn't be open about their cannabis usage around the kid.

18. Parents deserved it. Poor little kid did not deserve to see that shit

19. the kid was actually the mastermind behind the whole operation

20. 1000% agree.

All of you guys saying you'd disown him, you're actually terrible people.