Would you date someone who didn't smoke/was against weed?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 420ganjababe, Mar 13, 2012.

1. The two of us obviously meet different people, so I believe that a lot of people you encounter really do look at weed like a physically addictive drug.

Some people just think smoking is generally unproductive and not a good use of money or time, thus immature, but not the end of the world. I don't necessarily completely agree, but I wouldn't even date a girl who spends more time getting high than doing anything else.

As far as your 'stoner' view of the world goes...

I'd have to have you elaborate on that to really reply. I don't understand what that means, and I don't think smoking would really give you any insights that non-smokers couldn't understand.

2. Yeah, I'm 18. Oh no, no. I didn't mean right now. I'm not looking for anyone at all, I'm not even dating. I don't have time. I meant when I'm older man.

Yeah, a lot of the people I encounter do look at it as such. They also believe weed kills brain cells all that typical propaganda. So we are meeting different kinds of people. I was only basing what I said off of my own experiences.

Its not even that they think its unproductive because they know I take care of my shit. Its just they think its bad like any other illegal drug just because of that stuoud propaganda. I wouldn't date anyone who just got high all day and did nothing else either. There needs to be more to them then just weed. Smoking and doing nothing else is not attractive.

Lol, I couldn't think of a better way of putting it. People who smoke usually have a different outlook on life. We just view things differently. Unless the person is a free spirit, then they usually see things differently. In my experiences (talking about life views) with smokers and non smokers at least.

3. #43 chronicTRE, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    I've been with the same girl for 3 years ish now, and in the middle of our relationship she went sour about weed. I tried quitting and other things but I eventually gave up, and started coming to realizations about why I actually smoke marijuana, and why I like it so much. Took me a while to realize it, but marijuana is my medication. It helps with my depression, not being able to eat, and getting to sleep on time so I can function the next day. Before I just thought of it as another drug out there that makes you feel different, and takes you out of reality.

I suppose the reason she started hating it was because I was smoking minimum 3.5 grams a day. She said I became a different person when I was high all the time, which I can come to agree with. The more marijuana you smoke, the less functional you will be. I couldn't hold conversations when I was blitzed out of my tree every day.

So ya, I cut down in my daily usage significantly, and changed my reasons for smoking it in the first place, and I've never felt better. I just quit smoking cigarettes as well (thanks to champix).

My gf and I have zero problems with marijuana now :) I'm about to go pick her up from work and surprise her with a doobie, hopefully she partakes :)

I love my gf and we plan on growing old together. Hope it works out :p

4. I'm a believer in free choice of will, if she's completely against it, she's probably nitpicky about other little things to, so no, but if she doesn't smoke, but doesn't care that i do, than whats it matter.

5. When I first got into it, my boyfriend was cautious about it. He didnt have anything against it, but felt like I was jumping in head first I suppose. He also just didn't enjoy how it made him feel, but I always offered him a hit or two to be polite. He eventually began getting blazed with me, and when my dad got diagnosed with cancer I stopped smoking.

I think he was worried I was depending on herb to make me happy, but when I just didnt feel like smoking when I was terribly depressed I think it proved to him that I did not need it to be happy. When things became resolved (more or less) and life became a little bit more normal I started smoking again.

And he is becoming a pot head too!

If he became serious about me not smoking, well, I probably wouldnt consider it a deal breaker. He's my best friend and we've been together for so long that I dont think that something like a recreational drug would come between us like that.

But if I werent in a committed relationship and I was just getting into a relationship and the guy was super against smoking I would leave. I dont need a stranger to be my parent, because this person doesnt know me and probably lacks respect for me in the first place because of my poison of choice. I believe it simply depends on the circumstances at hand.

6. i havent smoked in a WHILE because of drug tests like i've only smoked one time in the past 2 years but i still wouldnt date someone who was against bud. i tried very hard for 4 long years of misery and it would always come down to "you love drugs more then me" "all you and your friends ever talk about is drugs!" i admit though i like to talk about good times with my friends like once or twice a month when we find time to get together usually the conversation does include us having a blast tripping out on something shit like that. and obviously my friends still smoke so they like to show me the shit they buy. its like dude check out this new game i bought! but instead its dude check out this ounce i just bought! lol but other then that i never talked about shit. but everytime we got into an argument she would never let go of the fact that i had smoked weed. and i LIKED it. jealous bitch.

7. Congrats bro on finding a good girlfriend, hopefully i get a break soon and find one too :D

8. I was with a girl who didn't like it at first, but she warmed up to me using it after I talked to her a few times. Her sister had a shitty experience so she was scared of it.

But I wouldn't do it again, most of the time I hid it from her, and that isn't how it should be. I'd rather be in a relationship with someone who either understands and accepts, or also uses

9. Didn't smoke? Sure

Against it? Noooooo

10. I wouldent even be friends with them.